lundis

Arizona or Florida

I am planing a trip to the states but cant decide where to go,
so please help me. Most people from Sweden (where I live) go to Arizona or Florida but are there any other places I should consider like California, so where should I go and why.

That time of year I think you will want to be in Florida. Arizona can tend to get a little chilly in the middle of the winter. If you stay in the southern half of Florida it should be nice and warm all winter long.
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

I think Florida has the best weather in the winter. Most nights you only need a light jacket. I jump in Deland, and I think I only wore my thermals under my jumpsuit 3 times.
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

Try to stop by Skydive Tulsa in Oklahoma. We are a small DZ, but the friendliest, most fun DZ in the state and we have a family from Sweden that jump with us every weekend!
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

I'm currently jumping right outside of Tampa Florida at SkyDive City in Z-hills. It's a blast, but it's the only DZ I've ever been to (I'm just barely getting rid of my Whuffo status). But the Florida weather is great. I've heard so much about Deland that I can't wait to check it out...again it's (almost) always sunny in Florida. Also, I grew up in California, the weather in the winter can be kinda cold depending where you go, but all around Ca is a great place to check out.
Oz

probalby Florida, come to DeLand, you'll probalby meet a lot of Europeans there! actaully you probalby can't go wrong with either choice, but the best weather in Florida is during those months (plus the other wind tunnels aren't built yet, so Orlando still has the best one!)

Depends on what you want to do while you're over here. Skydiving only - Arizona (Eloy), Florida or California are great; Florida will likely have the best weather during the time you're planning to be here, Florida and California have an abundance of nice dz's. If you want to do things other than jumping too (theme parks, sightseeing, etc), Florida or southern California.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

when did you start wearing anything under your jump suit?

such a funny, funny, guy. The headlights are a distraction for my jumping partners in the winter, so I covered them up.;)
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

i think it's funny, people i jump with now living in FLorida, think that weather below 60 is worthy of thermals. i laugh. Of course, they laugh at me wearing tank tops when it's 70 so I guess it goes both ways... What I'm trying to say is that someone who lives in FL tends to have a warped sense of what "cold" is. you prolly won't need a jacket at all. =c)
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

If you are staying a long time, any of them is good. If it's a short time, then go with the greatest chance for blue skies. Southern California or Arizona. Florida weather is too unpredictable for short visits. AFter all, you are coming to the USA to skydive, not sit and watch the rain.

> What I'm trying to say is that someone who lives in FL tends to have a warped
>sense of what "cold" is. you prolly won't need a jacket at all. =c)
Yeah, everything's relative...
There is no such thing as "too cold to skydive". I've jumped at -13 degrees F(that's -25C). But then again... I live in Finland.
Erno

Yeah, everything's relative...
There is no such thing as "too cold to skydive". I've jumped at -13 degrees F(that's -25C). But then again... I live in Finland.

I regularly jump into almost a meter of snow in Canada during the winters.... WaHoo!
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

I have found that anything lower than 50F on the ground is just uncomfortable for me. I have grown thin skin after spending the last 7 years in the South Eastern US. I know....I'm getting to be a wuss in my old age....:D
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"