richardson1989

Helmet Sizing Question

Hello,

I have been in the market for a full face helmet for some time now, but can't seem to find one that fits. I recently tried on a Cookie G3 size XXL and it was too tight. My head measures about 23.5" around so I assumed that it would fit. I think that one of my problems is that I have a longer face. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have been looking at the Mamba as it seems to be a little bigger than the G3. Thanks for the help!

You might also look at the Bonehead Revolve... its design might work better for a longer face.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

While I don't have a full face the only one that seemed to fit (because of needing big one) was the Square 1 Phantom.

As you've found you need to try any helmet on before you buy it, especially working at the top of the size ranges. In the past there have been helmet models where I couldn't begin to even get the largest size on my head. And mine's not as large as yours.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Nothing against Cookie as they have an excellent line of helmets ~ But ~ I've got a fat head too & have had much better luck going with Bonehead products...in fact the 1st Gunner I ordered I had to send back - it was TOO big! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Not usually the cheapest option out there, but the only full face that seems to fit my head is the Paratec Freezr Mk2. ParaGear actually has it on sale right now for $249, it has two audible pockets and comes with a nice helmet bag. Superior padding and impact protection as well, IMO.

FYI, the largest Cookies won't fit my head, but an XL Freezr is perfect. More than happy with my purchase, and you really can't beat the price it's at right now.

I used to have a Freezr; loved it. The liner is what drives the helmet size more so than most, which makes it very adjustable.

Unfortunately, it walked away one day >:(

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)