gunneroy

JOJO wings- anyone with experience?

Hey guys,
Im interested if anyone around here has had any experience with
JOJO wings canopies and if so how they found em.
Especially if anyone's flown their mid range canopy (not sure but think its the RW)
Their website is poor and I cant find anything about them online, though I know that some people really like the XF15, was wondering about the more mid-range stuff.
Cheers.

JOJO wing has a new mid range canopy out, called the "Sonic". Its not on their website yet. I have sold a few of them, and had good response. They also make the Raptor. Comparable to Icarus crossfire in terms of response and trim.
https://icarusanddaedalusadventures.blogspot.com/

skydivex3m

JOJO wing has a new mid range canopy out, called the "Sonic". Its not on their website yet. I have sold a few of them, and had good response. They also make the Raptor. Comparable to Icarus crossfire in terms of response and trim.

How does the Raptor compare on price?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

The openings are with a medium snivel, like a Sabre2. Soft, and on heading. Performance wise it will have a good, powerful flare on a straight in approach. Its fairly light on front risers.. Over all its a good entry level canopy!

Jojos market is worldwide, producing one of the most popular tandem canopies, the HOP330. The also produce the HXP280 cross braced tandem canopy.
Down here in NZ, the XF15, a 21 cell cross braced canopy is quite popular, because of its extremely nice openings, that does not mean less performance. (I fly two)
They have lots and lots of military sale too, and make quite popular paragliders, speed wings and kites too..

On 11/1/2013 at 9:56 AM, skydivex3m said:

Comparable to Icarus crossfire in terms of response and trim.

Not even close, from my experience (and a few folks I know who fly/flew it) Raptor is far more steeper and much much longer recovery arc. Fairly ground hungry.

On 11/2/2013 at 9:54 AM, skydivex3m said:

The openings are with a medium snivel, like a Sabre2. Soft, and on heading.

I've flown Icarus World X-Fire (not NZ Crossfire) for the past ~100 jumps and I've gotten used to its no-snivel-ridiculously-on-heading-openings-no-matter-what-you-do and have now made a few jumps on Raptor (135ft, ~1.7WL). I find the openings on Raptor very twitchy, it oscillates quite a lot during the snivel and really requires to be flown all the way through inflation (something I apparently need to learn to do a bit better).

Anyone flying Raptor has any tips on packing? Do you choke end cells by rolling them to promote more on-heading and more controlled openings or anything similar? Anyone else flying it wants to share their impression of the openings?

On 11/1/2013 at 9:56 AM, skydivex3m said:

From my experience flying both NZ Crossfire 2 and Raptor in similar sizes at about 1.6 wl (10ish jumps on both, as neither of them were mine), the only thing that the two canopies have in common is the number of cells. Crossfire has good stable soft openings and very short recovery, while Raptor openings are very random, (both in term of force, heading, and number of line twists that you get), and it is very ground hungry with long recovery arc (similar to a KA). 

• Like 1