wceviper

Denver??????

Hey everyone,
I have been giving it some thought about relocating. Thinking about going to Denver, CO. I have friend who lives out there and claims its wonderful. I am flying out there in a few weeks to visit, and maybe interview at a few places. I have never lived anywhere but California. I have been thinking about moving outta Cali for a while. Its time for somthing different. Texas has cross my mind, but I hear the job market isn't the greatest out there. I know winter time will suck, but I like to snowboard too. That won't bother me as much. I also know that skydives from 15K are really 10K up cause of the altitude. Maybe I would just drive to another DZ if I want more Alti, who knwos. If your from there, or been there, Let me know what you think of the place.
-Jason
You may push me around, but you cannot win!
You may throw me down, but i'll rise again!

Denver is a nice place to live. You get good seasons. It's a little cold to jump during the winter but good the rest of the time. But you should be snowboarding in the winter anyway. But a few of the guys do road trips to Paris and Eloy every winter. Just so you know we do jump at about 17,500ft which is about 12-13k depending on the DZ. I think a lot of people have moved here over the past 5 years making it the new Cali. I think you'll see it becoming more like Cali over the next few years. It's not the Denver I grew up in and I pesonaly plan to move somewhere a little smaller in the future. Not a big city kind of person, even though Denver isn't a big city compared to some like L.A. Good luck either way, and when you come out let us know.

I'll second Wes' comments above. Denver really is a great place. In addition to the recreational activities (jumping, climbing, biking, rafting, etc.....), the economy is pretty strong here.
What kind of work are you looking for?
B~
"There's no time wasted when you're wasted all the time" - Big Jim Slade

I have lived in Denver and currently live in So. Cal. I can't wait to get back to Denver! It is a very beautiful place. It is growing at an alarming rate however. The people and the pace of life in Denver are the closest to So. Cal of anywhere I've ever been. People are very active, always doing something. Its a wonderful thing.

I was there on business a couple weeks ago and was able tojump on the weekend. Definately check out the dz in Brush when you visit. I think it is the only dz you get a full 13,500 agl because it has the lowest field at 4,200 ft. Not to metion, Steve and Maria were absolutely cool and accomodating while I was there...
As for living there, to many f$#!ing people. I thought it was a bit conjested and a little expensive, but I was only in the corporate area, Denver Tech Center, for my visit.
-Hixxx

I live north of Denver and yeah it's expensive, but up here it isn't that congested, of course I'm comparing it to Houston, so you might think it's congested. I haven't been out to Brush yet, but I've jumped Mile-hi and thanked the good lord we didn't go up that extra 500 ft 13,000 cause I was hypoxic as shit and yes I did use O2. Oh and when they say your canopy is faster they aren't joking, I'd say mine felt 1 1/2 - 2 sizes smaller. Lets see people here are ruder than in Texas, I even asked one of the guy at work about that and he say it's gotten that way ever since all the CA people moved into the area. Yep when you drive it pretty much feels like you are driving in CA. So if you are from CA you will probably feel right at home, as for me, well Hook says when he moves up here I'll start liking it. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. Don't get me wrong, it is very beautiful and there are lots of things to do, but I definately miss southern hospitality.

it's gotten that way ever since all the CA people moved into the area.

Hey, most CA people are cool. It's the LA and Orange County people that give the rest of us a bad name.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

Thanks for everyones input! I have been to the airport in denver, but it was just a layover. When I go in a few weeks I will look around. When Expensive is mentioned, what is it? I have looked online at apartment prices and they seem 1/3 the cost of northern california.
On another note, Why does everybody blame "Californians?". For the most part everyone is cool. They must be complaining about people who just moved from Cali that were not raised in california. The bay area life is fast paced and stressful. As nice as California is, its time for a change.
-Jason
You may push me around, but you cannot win!
You may throw me down, but i'll rise again!

Actually I'm pretty sure the cost of living here is less than in CA. It is also ranked as the most expensive city not on a cost, so your guess is better than mine.
Remember I'm comparing to Houston. Lets see renting is very resonable, buying is not. Food is a little more expensive, most things are the same. Actually the biggest difference has been food prices, well and other day to day things are more expensive also. Go to target and spend $70 in Houston will run you about $100 here. Lets see I now have to pay property tax on my car, and if it's possible my insurance actually went up. Of course from what I've heard of CA it's a drop in the bucket.