skymama

Computer question

Well, I'm not really quite clear on WHY I should be doing it, I was just told that I should do it every so often. Will running the defragmenter make it run faster? That's what I'm hoping. I'm thinking that the 440 items that I sent to the Recycling Bin will help too. Darn teenagers and all the junk they download!

Yup, it should make your pooter run a lot faster.
Sending stuff to the recycle bin won't help, unless you actually empty the recycle bin. The space isnt' freed up until you actually empty it. Empty the bin before you defrag.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

I can vibrate and fix your computer problem;).
I'm taking Yoga now so I can vibrate in strange positions.
ramon
"wee girls on a skydive road trip on big bikes...... yikes, dykes and bikes kinda thing...... ", David McKelvie

Touche.
I'm from Louisiana/Spanish Mexican, in between looking up 3 syllable words in a dictionary, I learned to cook.
"wee girls on a skydive road trip on big bikes...... yikes, dykes and bikes kinda thing...... ", David McKelvie

Are you running Windows 98, because I had the same problem, no matter what I closed down, it would never finish because something would make defrag start over. If you want to be sure, when the computer is booting up, hit F8 and put the computer in safe mode and do it that way. It should run with no problem.
Blue ones.