mountainman

This sucks...

Well......it is extremely nice weather today and tomorrow here in Ohio/Indiana and Laura and I are stuck around here for work.
HERE is the weather for the dropzone. It is perfect. :(
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to think about the jumps we made yesterday.
Blue skies to all those at the dropzone today!! :)JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

I'm entertaining my child at my dad's pool today.....and I think I'll probably be back digging in the flower beds tomorrow..... but it's all fun.... Life is pretty good. I guess since the RW is so bad here (um, and I mean that in a good way), I never feel like I'm missing all that much if I choose to do something else. I'm really looking forward to my next little jumping excursion though.....not really sure yet where it'll be. Maybe Spaceland.....or maybe that little East Texas dz.....or maybe SEMO. I don't know. Then Skyfest'll be here soon, and get to cruise over to Dallas. Leaving the kid at home for that one (heh, heh, heh.....) Have a relatively non-threatening, stress-free day!
Peace~
Lindsey
you can live in happiness too, like the oompa loompa dooba de do....

I'm recovering from a pretty nasty cold.
I took the day and went car shopping, actually. The BWM dealers were an absolute pleasure to deal with. They were honest, upfront, and really let me understood how the pricing structure worked. The Audi guys were not quite as nice, but were seriously trying to upset me on upgrades. Dealing with the Nissan guys were like pulling teeth... the salesman spent a full 45 minutes running back and forth talking with "the manager" before he FINALLy came up with the numbers I'd pulled off the Nissan website before leaving.
Argh!
Well, I still don't know what car I'm gonna get...
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

I took the day and went car shopping, actually. The BWM dealers were an absolute pleasure to deal with. They were honest, upfront, and really let me understood how the pricing structure worked. The Audi guys were not quite as nice, but were seriously trying to upset me on upgrades. Dealing with the Nissan guys were like pulling teeth... the salesman spent a full 45 minutes running back and forth talking with "the manager" before he FINALLy came up with the numbers I'd pulled off the Nissan website before leaving.

Does it suprise you that how nice the person was is in direct correlation to how much the cars cost? Hmm.....:)Dude...why dont you just buy some regular car (<$25,000 new) and take your skydiving trips and things like that?!? That would be SO much more fun.
JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

Talk about sucks! I only got to do five 15 and 16-ways today and we never did complete a third point on any of them!
[runs and hides in the corner to avoid the rotten fruit being thrown at me]
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

Hey you are better off than I am. I was suppose to be out at the DZ today, but instead I was playing the run around game with fedex who first lost my package that was suppose to have been delivered yesterday via. 2 day express, then they found it, then they lost it, then it was found and it was to be delivered by noon today, then it was lost again, then it was found, go to the delivery center to pick it up, oops they can't find it, not sure where it is, call us in an hr, call us in another hr, ummm...it's almost 5 and we close at 5, I'm sure we will find it before monday and deliver it then....grrrrrr.....Fedex has been added to my short list of companies I refuse to deal with ever again, only other company on that list is Qwest.

Talk about sucks! I only got to do five 15 and 16-ways today and we never did complete a third point on any of them!
[runs and hides in the corner to avoid the rotten fruit being thrown at me]

/me starts throwing fruit at the Bytch......>:(
;) Glad you got to go out and jump!! I always think that would be weird to sit in a gear store all day and not be able to jump much. However, it sounds like you've been remeding that problem lately. :)JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

Does it suprise you that how nice the person was is in direct correlation to how much the cars cost? Hmm.....

Generally, but yeah. The Audi was quite a bit more then the BMW. It's just interesting that the BMW guys would be confident enough to sit back and let me make my own choices. The nissan guy was over the top, the audi guy was somewhere in the middle.

Dude...why dont you just buy some regular car (<$25,000 new) and take your skydiving trips and things like that?!? That would be SO much more fun.

That would be the Nissan.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

me starts throwing fruit at the Bytch......

Hey.....I've got a big ol' rotten 'mater in the fridge.....
I have had a GREAT day, myself.....just got out of an hour-and-a-half sauna with three nekkid dips in the pool to cool off. We have bats here, and it's really fun to watch them dive bomb the pool while you're floating under the stars.... Nonetheless, I'm still pretty envious of all that great skydiving happening out there.....

Peace~
Lindsey
you can live in happiness too, like the oompa loompa dooba de do....

go for the beemer (or is it beamer?)...

Bimmer = BMW Cars
Beemer = BMW Motorcycles
Beamer = Some asshole with his brights on
On a side note though. I think you should consider the gas mileage of the vehicle you buy as a fairly important factor in choosing a vehicle, as well as the vehicle cost. If either one is more than you can realistically afford, you gain nothing (IMO).
I've got an SUV which I'm averaging around 13.5 mpg since I've bought it (~19000 miles so far), and which cost more than I really should have spent on a car. Sure, get something that you will enjoy and not hate to drive, but don't go overboard and buy a whole lot more vehicle than you need. I don't really use all the space that my SUV provides me with, and I hardly ever take more than 1 passenger. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten a mid-size car with better gas mileage. Think of what you will realistically be using the vehicle for, and find something that fits your average use. You can always rent/borrow a larger vehicle for the times that you will need it for cheaper than the cost of being stuck with fueling/financing the larger one.
But then again, I'm young and stupid, and see that I went overboard myself, and wish I could go back and get something more economically viable for myself. You may be (and probably are) in a better financial situation than I am though. (It costs ~2.5 jump tickets to fill my gas guzzler so I can drive ~300 miles)
--
Dude, where's my raft?

May all your children be born naked.:P Personally, I did a kickass three-way today. Got to find your satisfaction where you can.
flyhiB|