SFBayArea

Video set up

I am looking for a simple video setup. Nothing fancy. I don't plan to turn it on or off during the flight/freefall/canopy ride, nor take pictures. I am looking for the most inexpensive way to attach small video camera to my G3 helmet or to my hand. All I want is turn it on when I am on my way to the plane and forget about it until I land.
Any suggestions? Once again, key is simplicity of use and price.

thanks.

SFBayArea

I sure understand that camera is an additional destruction during skydive. That is why I want something very simple that I turn on, put on and forget about it.

:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

SFBayArea

I sure understand that camera is an additional destruction during skydive. That is why I want something very simple that I turn on, put on and forget about it.

How many jumps have you got - it matters. It sounds like not too many, so read the guidelines in the video forum.

You say you understand that it's a distraction but there's no such thing as 'turning it on and forgetting about it'. Even with the best intentions in the world you WILL alter your habits to accommodate wearing a camera.

Even if it's something as simple as turning it on on the way to the plane, you've now changed from doing a hackey check, reviewing your dive plan, checking the landing direction, or any of a thousand other things that you should be doing.

After a while, most of these sorts of things become instinctual, then you've go to go through the same acclimatization process for actually flying with a camera.

Don't bother putting a camera on now. You'll end up with shitty footage, with 26 minutes of every half hour being the back of someone's head in the plane. To get around that you'll start only turning it on at altitude, and now you've altered ANOTHER part of your sequence... rather than thinking about your exit, doing a handle check or visualizing your dive, you've got to remember to turn a camera on...

Trust me, it seems like nothing but 95% of all experienced videographers would tell a low experienced jumper the same - even if you have the best intentions.

Save your cash for jumps

What he said.

or just pay a pro. Foootage will be great, no expense on a cam, no duct tape, and not even a scratch on your G3.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.