skydiventom

Jump For The Cause

A friend of the woman I'm dating has breast cancer I think they are going to remove both of her breasts. Her husband died from a skin cancer a couple years ago. Life is not fair to everybody. For some of us it can be brutal.
One of her dreams is to make a skydive. The reason I'm posting this is for suggestions. Do any of you have suggestions how I can raise money for her?
Take Care,
Honest, it wasn't me.....

Try running a search for jump for teh casue stuff, some good ideas have been posted such as selling Jello shots at the Dz, selling glasses, organising pub crawls etc.
Then there is the usual stuff, like shaving your head, running marathons, and so forth, sponsored naked jumps, use your imagination....
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she pulls through.
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Hiya, I am so sorry to hear about your girlfriend. My mother died from breast cancer and that is why I am doing JFTC.
Please see Crawl for the Cause, it is a Pub Crawl we are doing in Atlanta, Houston and Reliegh August 3rd (and looking for more cities to join!) which we are hoping for national coverage on and can get really big. I did a cocktail party/raffle and raise 1800$ a couple weeks ago. It takes remarkably little time to do and I can guide you! Also, it has been such a great opportunity to meet other people this disease has affected, it is truly inspiring!
Blue Skies, Kelley

http://www.jumpforthecause.com
Talk to you DZO or a tandem master at your dz. They may be willing to donate the tandem.
Have some kind of competition and make the participants pay an entry fee and offer a trophy or some kind of prize that you could get someone to donate. A free jump or a t-shirt. Hit and Chugs are always good competitions for fund raising. A $5.00 entry fee would be plenty to make enough for a tandem and if there is beer involved, you can bet you will get some participants.
Rhonda