JoeyH

Riggers ticket?

I have been packing since I was 8 years old. Someone told me that I should look into getting my riggers ticket as soon as I turn 18. What would be the first step in getting my riggers ticket? Where could I go (in the us obviously) to start this process and get it completed in one long large effort? What am I allowed to do with each level of Rigger Certification? Thanks :)
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

Hey Joey, The best thing to do would be to find a rigger in your area or at your DZ that would be willing to take you under their wing and show you the ropes. That of course is the easiest and cheapest way to do it. There are schools in the US where you can get it done in an excelerated fashion. There is one in Arizona, the US Academy of Rigging, Dave Dewolf puts on a great class up in the northeast and Parachute Labs puts on a course from time to time down in Deland Florida. You only need to pack a minimum of 20 reserves, pass a written FAA test, and then a practical test with your local DPRE (designated parachute rigger examiner) There is a sticky at the top of this forum with lots of information also. The very first step would be to pick up a copy of the FAA Parachute Rigger Manual written by Sandy Reid and read it.... it will answer all those questions. The manual is available online in PDF format.

Im gonna need a bigger hammer....