RoyBatty

Excellent service from PD

I bought a used rig with a saber 2 190. Not many jumps on it when I took over. Long story short I had progressively harder openings culminating in a damn scary slammer. I sent the chute back to pd for test. After three line sets and many test jumps they retired the chute much to my relief actually. Despite being the second owner pd is letting me test a variety of chutes for free and selling me a new one of my choice for a ridiculously low amount of cashola. Special call out to Donna Wagner who has been the essence of charm itself. Way to go pd!!! Love you guys. You could teach a lot of companies what customer service is really all about.

I love hearing stories like that. Good Job PD!!!

RoyBatty

I bought a used rig with a saber 2 190. Not many jumps on it when I took over. Long story short I had progressively harder openings culminating in a damn scary slammer. I sent the chute back to pd for test. After three line sets and many test jumps they retired the chute much to my relief actually. Despite being the second owner pd is letting me test a variety of chutes for free and selling me a new one of my choice for a ridiculously low amount of cashola. Special call out to Donna Wagner who has been the essence of charm itself. Way to go pd!!! Love you guys. You could teach a lot of companies what customer service is really all about.

Well, they basically said they weren't satisfied with the test results. I'd like to think that physical contrivances can be made exactly the same every time but I suspect that stitching up a canopy is a bit of art and science. The canopy had 170 jumps, 100 of mine and 70 from the prior owner. Strange thing was that the issue was progressive. Or at least did not manifest until I started free flying (poorly). Who the hell knows what was wrong. Some high time pilots at my dz just said that's the way it is with some chutes.

Which I could give you a better answer. One recommendation: if you start getting slammers don't wait until it tries to rip your head off to investigate.

Blue skies!