Skyrose7

buffet

no, that is not buffet, as in food buffet. it is jimmy buffet
I am just really stoked. I will be going to jimmy buffet in Chicago this thursday. I hear the party is unbelievable. unfortunately, I am going with all whuffo friends that won't allow me to talk about jumping. That is fine though, I am getting used to that aspect of my friends. any takes on what to expect---ever been to one of these concerts?
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

TWO T's as in BUFFETT
Yeppers. I have seen Jimmy 4 times now, three times at Shoreline ampitheater and once at Universal Studio's for New Years eve...
Be prepared to Dance, sing and have fun...,.
the INTERNET comes in any color you'd like

We go every year to the Labor Day show at Great Woods. It's a blast!!!! Make sure you and your friends get all dressed up. Hawaiian shirts, grass skirts, coconut "bikini" tops, parrot hats, leis, etc. Decorate your car .... fin on the roof, parrot on the antenna, palm trees, write on the windows. It is so fun driving to the concert (in MA anyway since most people hit rte 495 at some point) and seeing this parade of cars going to the concert. Bring a grill and of course cheeseburgers to cook on it. And lots of tequila and marguerita mix! We love frozen ones so bring a portable blender that you can plug into your car lighter. Some people even bring little generators. People bring little wading pools and bags of sand and blow up palm trees to make their "beach". Walk around the parking lot and check out everyone's stuff. It's a riot. Know the words to the songs so you can sing along! Have a great time!!
Blue Skies,
D

there will be people drssed like sharks, corona bottles, hawaiian skirts, coconut bras.. and many many hawaiian leis. definitely plan on tailgating before the concert, that's often where the fun starts.... cars will be made into giant pirate ships, you will not believe your eyes. drssing normally, you wil be left out for sure. During the concert expect everyone to be wasted from the parking lot fiascos, but there will be giant machines shooting tshirts all over, beach ball basketball (all going on while jimmy is singing)- an excellent show.
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

Justin - Don't say that until you've been to one of his concerts..... and the tailgate party. Before I went to my first concert I could have taken him or left him. I liked his songs ok but couldn't understand the hype. One concert and I was hooked!
Blue Skies,
D

i am so upset i will not be attending the show this year ( i am a major parrot head ), buffett shows were a tradition for me for several years ( going to at least three each year ), unfortunately he is only doing one show in atlanta this year and tickets sold out in 15 minutes (i started trying 10 minutes before they went on sale ) anyway as you can tell i am not happy about not getting to go. since i started skydiving i decided not to travel to shows in order to have more jump money
outside of my rant... buffett shows are great, i have a entire row in my closet of hawaiin shirts (just ask anyone at my dz, as i wear one every time i show up ) be prepared to do strange acts in order to get beads, find people who can make great cooler drinks (not wine coolers, but coolers full of a good mixture, i made coolers full of rum runners) bring some raw meat to throw on the grill, get to the location around 8 a.m. as people will already be there partying, walk around plenty before the show, good way to see interesting acts you might not see elsewhere and possibly get plenty of free drinks
dammit i want to go really bad now
hisgoofyness
"congratulations!!! you're a real skydiver now..." SV

there will be people drssed like sharks, corona bottles, hawaiian skirts, coconut bras..

I can imagine someone dressed like a shark or even a corona bottle, but how do you dress like a hawaiian skirt? Although if I were going I would definately opt for dressing like the coconut bra.
"Hey! Anyone lose their bra?!"
The 4th paperclip didn't say much, but I could tell that it was still the smartass of the bunch...

be prepared to do strange acts in order to get beads

---um, I went to new orleans for spring break, I think I will be ok for that one.

TWO T's as in BUFFETT

- so you can tell it is my first concert....oops
oohhh, you guys got me pretty excited for this. It better be good, the tickets were forty dollars, and the room will be twenty for me (crammin in 6 people). That alone is 4 jumps. THen you have to factor in the food and alcohol. I am definately not worried that I won't have fun.
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

unfortunately, I am going with all whuffo friends that won't allow me to talk about jumping.

then pick one thing that makes each of them tick and tell them they can not talk about that.
(this will work AFTER the concert...)tell them they cant talk about it. it just wont work. huh! whuffos...friends with no lives or zest for it!;)
Have fun, Live free, SKYDIVE!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100