evan85

Safire2 -- Icarus or NZ Aerosports?

So I'm in the market for a new 150 main, and I'm looking at a Safire2 (or possibly a Sabre2). If I decide to go with the Safire, should I get one from NZ Aerosports or from Icarus? I've read up a bit and understand these are two completely different companies, and am wondering which one makes the better canopy.

Maybe this will help with your decision ;-)

http://www.nzaerosports.com/about-us
... By 1999 we set up ICARUS Canopies as an independent company in a joint venture with CIMSA Ingenieria de Sistemas of Barcelona, Spain and Precision Aerodynamics of Chattanooga, GA - USA and launched an aggressive marketing effort in the USA. Sometime later we haved managed to establish the brand as a main player both in USA and in Europe. After some time, Precision left the group and came out with their own versions of these designs. Since then, ICARUS Canopies has benefited from the technology and capabilities of both NZ Aerosports and CIMSA to develop what is surely the most advanced range of sport canopies in the market today...

B|

evan85

So I'm in the market for a new 150 main, and I'm looking at a Safire2 (or possibly a Sabre2). If I decide to go with the Safire, should I get one from NZ Aerosports or from Icarus? I've read up a bit and understand these are two completely different companies, and am wondering which one makes the better canopy.

Not on the market for safire2/xfire just yet, but lets think about this another way: Its not what canopy you are getting -its who you paying for it... Taking in consideration recent events icaruscanopies.aero will not get my business any time soon.

holie

Maybe this will help with your decision ;-)

http://www.nzaerosports.com/about-us
... By 1999 we set up ICARUS Canopies as an independent company in a joint venture with CIMSA Ingenieria de Sistemas of Barcelona, Spain and Precision Aerodynamics of Chattanooga, GA - USA and launched an aggressive marketing effort in the USA. Sometime later we haved managed to establish the brand as a main player both in USA and in Europe. After some time, Precision left the group and came out with their own versions of these designs. Since then, ICARUS Canopies has benefited from the technology and capabilities of both NZ Aerosports and CIMSA to develop what is surely the most advanced range of sport canopies in the market today...

B|

Only partially helpful. So is icaruscanopies.aero the Precision spin-off, or is that the CIMSA brand? Also, just because NZ Aerosports was the first doesn't mean they are the best... Recall that Ford was the first mass-produced car, for example. Regardless of the history, I just want to know which is the better canopy, or if there's no appreciable difference.