Derekbox

Dating Skydivers???

Um, thanks for the advice. I've been in the same relationship for over three years and it's going just fine. Both of us have interests which we've shared. Some have stuck and some have wandered. Thank god we're not basing our togetherness on liking the same hobbies.
Relationships based on interests are probably great for a year or so.
"Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers" -- Titus Maccius Plautus, 220 B.C.

I started jumping about a year after we got married ( started jumping last spring-) and now I'm beginning to perceive some effects on the relationship- She is a dedicated ground-hugger - While I hope not, I can't say I wouldn't be surprised if this one spirals in, and I find myself single for the third time-

After I started skydiving, it became an unspoken mandatory requirement to date me that a guy HAD to skydive. They all at the very least had a tandem. Then I fell completely in love with a totally awesome skydiver at my DZ and married him. Now I don't ever have to worry about the whuffo dating problem again!!
Simple Solution: Marry a Skydiver!! haha

...and they "borrow" your gear and hold it for ransom.

Come on you know better, we aren't borrowing it, we are just to lazy to pack our own rig and yours was packed. ;) Of course that also means you now have 3 (your rig, my rig, your spare rig) rigs to pack rather than the one you just jumped.

well she doesnt HAVE to be a skydiver. just NOT a whuffo!
she has to have an interest outside of the living room/den!
I like snowboarding, running, (tried) surfing(and will again when I find water), rapelling etc. I think you et the idea.
If she wants to LIVE I will LIVE with her. if she wants to lie there and die she will do it alone!
anyone wanna LIVE?
Have fun, Live free, SKYDIVE!!T
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100

Dating whuffo's versus dating skydivers:
1) whuffo's whinge about time spent skydiving: "you never want to spend w/e's with me...blah blah blah"
2) whuffo's don't understand why you want to "do' a horny gorilla, or that a 3-way with Matt & Luke/Katrina & Lisa is no cause for concern
3)whuffo's whinge over how much money you spend on skydiving
On the other hand....
1)Ever heard of too much of a good thing.....constantly seeing 'em on the DZ can be bad....especially if/when you split.....it also limits the prospect of cheating and getting away with it (boys take note...)
2) You are always dating another jumper's ex: on small DZ's this is just a little too insidious/incestuous.
3) They use your jump tickets instead of their own, borrow your rig and constantly hassle you to pack theirs!
That said, my 3 serious ex's have all been skydivers. Of the others: one did his AFF, the other had cycling training on the weekends (perfect-equally obssessed).
Rule of thumb being that skydivers are way more understanding, and skydivers are usually a little more fun......tee hee hee

I'm sure dating a jumper is better than dating a whuffo. I've dated both since i've been jumping. However, with me none of my relationships ever work out anyway so i think i'm giving up dating all together. :)"You have not truly lived, til you've known someone worth dying for"

none of my relationships ever work out anyway so i think i'm giving up dating all together.

Pretty much what I have done. I can't date whuffo's because I spend all my spare time at the DZ. I haven't run into any chics at the DZ that A) are single B) I actually like. Of course, I'm kind of an asshole and I have very high standards (Believe it or not) I will put up with 0% bullshit....so......Oh well....someday. ;)
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

Ok Ok I didn't read all the threads but I wanted to Chime in here.
It seems to me that guys would have a harder time finding a suitable Skychick because there seems to be more male Skydivers than female.
Personally I'm happily married to a whuffo Wife I just wish she had an obsessive hobby that consumed all her money and time on the weekend. then We could relate better.
Whuffos just don't get it.
Blue Skies Black Death

Totally agree, you see these people who've lived in the same place all their lives and the highlight of their year is when they get the latest Macey's catalogue in the mail. I can't help but look at them and think, "you're dead already!"
Go big all, and never be so afraid of giving something a go that you miss out....

Awwww Chris, there's a really good way to make sure she doesn't call it off: don't show her your credit card bills, don't let her come out to the DZ, never answer your mobile at the DZ, don't let her know you're doing a 2-way (or was it two-some?! [joke]) with some girl next Sunday, don't let her know about the next DZ bbq/drinking night, and DEFINATELY don't tell her that the only diamond you're interested in is one that'll only cost you a jump ticket!!! But then she'd probably just cry neglect at you!!
Good luck, you're going to need it if you intend on going to the nationals and any other boogie between now and then!!! ;-P

Pet me!

this is my kind of thread! :)here's my 2 cents on the issue...i think it is harder to just get a whuffo gf period, but once you have one it won't be that hard as long as they aren't totally against the sport. everyone who tries to set me up hates my schedule "yeah ok so i have a monday open next week, and a thursday night the week after that..." being at the dz every weekend kinda segregates you from the whuffo female population :)have fun with whoever you are pursuing. good luck!
b

jas....you are so right.
well she doesn't see my credit card statements, i hardly ever check my phone during my dz days and in terms of not letting her out there well that's not an issue at all as she doesn't like being out there anyway (my bonus).
she'd probably spit chips if I told her that my special skydiving buddy may sit between my legs on the way to height....especially when that buddy is of the opposite sex!!!
who knows, who really cares, so long as there are blue skies