mereanarchy

Difference between Optima II and Quattro?

Quattro:

Four high-speed warnings:
Allows settings up to 19990 Feet and can be used for Bigway formations, wingsuit flight setup and other precision skydives where four high-speed warnings are needed and desired.
Track Guide:
0.5 second pulsating tones between the 1st and 2nd warnings help keep track of altitude separation of tracking groups or waves.

One extra freefall alarm (the optima has 3, get out, pull and oh-oh), with appearantly pulsating tones between the first and second freefall alarm(like you'd get on your optima between 2nd and 3rd canopy alarm), so you know how much longer you can track.

Quattro manual does not mention the pulsating tone between 2nd and 3rd canopy alarm. So I assume that's not in there.

Quattro has 3 climb to altitude alarms. Optima does not. Perfect if you need to be woken up during the plane ride.

In the end, it does look like the quattro has a small extra edge for wingsuit/bigway (as advertised).

I don't have one (only an optima II), those are just the differences I see right now, by reading their manuals.

Chiemel

Quattro:

Allows settings up to 19990 Feet and can be used for Bigway formations, wingsuit flight setup and other precision skydives where four high-speed warnings are needed and desired.
Track Guide:
0.5 second pulsating tones between the 1st and 2nd warnings help keep track of altitude separation of tracking groups or waves.

One extra freefall alarm (the optima has 3, get out, pull and oh-oh), with appearantly pulsating tones between the first and second freefall alarm(like you'd get on your optima between 2nd and 3rd canopy alarm), so you know how much longer you can track.

Quattro manual does not mention the pulsating tone between 2nd and 3rd canopy alarm. So I assume that's not in there.

Quattro has 3 climb to altitude alarms. Optima does not. Perfect if you need to be woken up during the plane ride.

In the end, it does look like the quattro has a small extra edge for wingsuit/bigway (as advertised).

I don't have one (only an optima II), those are just the differences I see right now, by reading their manuals.

Correction: My Optima II definitely does have 3 climb-to-altitude alarms.

evan85

***Quattro:

Track Guide:

Correction: My Optima II definitely does have 3 climb-to-altitude alarms.

Ditto. Not even sure if It's limited to three. I use three. Only difference I'm aware of, is that fourth free fall alarm.