Bip

Vector semi stowless bag size.

I have a Vector V348 with a brand new Crossire 149. I am thinking of getting a semi stowless bag for it. My question is. The parachute is a real SOB to get into the bag. Would it help me to move up one bag size to ease my pain? I realise the bag is made for the container but would it harm to put it in a slightly larger bag?

If it's the standard V348 bag, your 149 shouldn't be difficult to put in. I pack a 169 into mine and have since it was brand new (canopy and container).

Try emailing UPT and asking them the different dimensions between a V348 and V350 bag, but I doubt it'll be significant enough to make a difference.

Learn to pack better :P

ETA, it probably won't help the rig look any better.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yep. Getting one that is bigger might not be a great idea. Not saying you can't do it but there are tradeoffs. Your main container tray is a certain shape. If you buy a bag that is a different shape than that tray, you end up with lumpy spots and soft spots. You also end up with more stress on certain parts of your container than other parts.

The 348 has a specific length, width, height and depth. Looking at your container, which of those dimensions would you increase and by how much?

Here is the UPT chart. You can take a look at which sizes are larger and smaller and in which dimensions.

http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/CHART_00037___Rig_Sizing_Chart.pdf

Call Mike Maguire at UPT and discuss it with him. When I was ordering mine (for a Javelin) he helped me come up with the most effective solution that still worked well in the size rig that I have.

Bip

I have a Vector V348 with a brand new Crossire 149. I am thinking of getting a semi stowless bag for it. My question is. The parachute is a real SOB to get into the bag. Would it help me to move up one bag size to ease my pain? I realise the bag is made for the container but would it harm to put it in a slightly larger bag?

westcoastSD

The Axe from downward trend is the best out there.

It's great that you're willing to share some info that others don't know. But full stowless bags are pretty rare and little understood in some areas.

I googled Downward Trend and found them online. Aussies. On their site, I searched for Axe, but nothing matched my search criteria.

It's obviously a very well kept secret. :P