Zandmann

Nice deal?

Hi,

I got a deal on a rig, and wonder if it is a nice deal.

The full system is from 2001 and got ~200 jumps.
The cypress was new in 2009 and had its 4year check.

The seller wants $3600 for the full system.

It sounds like a good deal for me, but since it is my first buy, i would be sure to not say yes to a bad deal.

Edited
"I got a deal on a car, and wonder if it is a nice deal.

The full car is from 2001 and got ~200 miles.
The full car has a service history and the last service was 3 months ago.

The seller wants $36000 for the full car.

It sounds like a good deal for me, but since it is my first buy, i would be sure to not say yes to a bad deal. "

Kinda depends what the car is and what options are fitted. It's probably the same for skydiving gear...
Rich M

Remster

140 reserve

140? Who the hell makes a 140??????

If that sounds wrong, i might have the wrong data about that part.

I just wanted to get some kind of answers if it could be a nice deal, or not, but i can clearly see that it is more fun to just troll this post.

Zandmann

I just wanted to get some kind of answers if it could be a nice deal, or not, but i can clearly see that it is more fun to just troll this post.

Your question is impossible to answer without being given accurate information about what exactly you're trying to buy.

Deyan

140 reserve

140? Who the hell makes a 140??????

North American Aerodynamics :)
That, or the techno in a 20001 wings with a spectre main? Call me a skeptic! ;)

My point was, if you are about to drop multiple $k's on a piece of equipment, get some details will ya!
Remster

Ok, I'll take a stab at it. Given the amount of information so far in this thread it sounds like a fair deal. Not too high or too low. That is only my opinion based on the limited info, but I think that what you really want to know is whether or not it seems reasonable. It does to me. I hope this is helpful to you.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Talk to your instructors, DZ manager (as there's usually at least ONE person who advises folks on prospective rigs), or S&TA. Are you aware that a Spectre is a 7-cell canopy?

I think you should bring it up with the people you already know and the people who already know YOU, rather than seek advice here. You know, just to be sure.

No one wants to buy the wrong equipment.

I would NEVER buy gear without having it inspected by a trusted source, preferably a rigger who knows the market. If the seller isn't near you, set up a trusted person - a DZO is often a good choice - to act as an escrow officer to hold the transaction cash until you decide whether to buy it.

If everything looks good and you want to finish the deal, have the escrow officer forward the money to the seller. If not, return the rig and get your money back.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX