Awdpsi

Bonehead REvolve or Cookie G3

So I'm having a very difficult time deciding on which helmet I want to but and I've become stuck between these two.

I can see the benefits in both of them but have only been able to try on the cookie as I do not know anyone with the REvolve. I liked the cookie but I've heard its a noisy helmet and the REvolve has been known as not a very noisy helmet.

Putting up the pole to see what everyone thinks!
Belt and Suspenders

Awdpsi

So I'm having a very difficult time deciding on which helmet I want to but and I've become stuck between these two.

I can see the benefits in both of them but have only been able to try on the cookie as I do not know anyone with the REvolve. I liked the cookie but I've heard its a noisy helmet and the REvolve has been known as not a very noisy helmet.

Putting up the pole to see what everyone thinks!

Hold off for another couple of weeks, The revolve is GREAT!! But Bonehead is coming out with their updated rovolve very soon. I have seen a couple of pics and it looks great!

bluebird932

Can you show me these pictures please with updated Revolve?

Im not authorized to post the pics yet. There is another thread about the revolve, Chris from Bonehead has said very soon they will be releasing pictures and will have a firm date for the new product! Patience is a virtue!

I'm the only REvolve user in my dropzone and I really don't get why G3 is so popular (except for the marketing thing). I've tried some on my DZ and feels very similar to me, but as a prescription glasses user REvolve wins without any doubt.
Can't wait to see the new update model!

deeleyer

I'm the only REvolve user in my dropzone and I really don't get why G3 is so popular (except for the marketing thing). I've tried some on my DZ and feels very similar to me, but as a prescription glasses user REvolve wins without any doubt.
Can't wait to see the new update model!

I wear glasses and the G3 is no issue at all, it's quiet warm and fits very well for my pinhead. I love it, litterally it has white stains on it and all >:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

AliMac

Sit tight, Square 1 is about to release their version of a G3, its called the Phantom Kiss. Its got a great venting system and extremely easy to change lens (30 seconds to change it, I swear). It's going to be great!

they said that about the Phantom X, what happened to that? is it not made anymore?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ahh the whole patience thing...yea I can wait a bit. I'm pumped now. As another person said I like the fact that the revolve is not solely a closed / open faced helmet. I'm also looking to use this for some light paragliding so the fact that I can take the whole face off is a HUGE plus to me. But it just seems as if cookie has a somewhat cult following...
Belt and Suspenders

The Cookie G3 is the best (full-face) helmet on the market bar-none Sure it may be faster to change the visor on some new models, but do you really want to have a visor that comes off semi-easily? My G3 has 6 Phillips head screws to remove its visor. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.

If you want something to do open-face stuff with, buy both. Cookie Fuel and a G3!

Everything about the G3 is awesome. No other helmet comes close.

William.

williammonk

The Cookie G3 is the best (full-face) helmet on the market bar-none Sure it may be faster to change the visor on some new models, but do you really want to have a visor that comes off semi-easily? My G3 has 6 Phillips head screws to remove its visor. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.

If you want something to do open-face stuff with, buy both. Cookie Fuel and a G3!

William.

5 minutes?? Aint nobody got time for that. But seriously, have you ever even tried a revolve? You can flip the visor up with one hand, and the jaw comes up as well. It also extends lower on the neck giving it a more balanced fit and better protection, in my opinion.

Tetrahedron

...... and you can't ever remove the liner.
That will make for one stinky helmet.

Or you can wash it in the kitchen sink like I do 3-4 times a year.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

williammonk

William.

The D3O lining scares the bejejus out of me:

" This means that the harder the impact, the greater the resistance to the force. "
http://www.d3o.com/materials/

This is exactly the opposite of what you want in a helmet. No wonder no one else is using that material in a helmet...
Remster

Yea I dont see the $500 anywhere. The new revolve did get pics released and I have to say I'm in LOVE! I can't wait until the testing phase is complete so I can buy mine. Its sleek, great looking field of view and best of all it still flips up which was my main reason for planning on getting it.
Belt and Suspenders

strife

What is the $500 reference isnt it $360 on chutingstar ? I have both and dont get enough nose clearance on the revolve

A year ago I was searching for the right full face, and these were the two helmets it came down to for me as well. Since I live a few miles from Chutingstar's warehouse, I went there to try them both on.

After doing so, I had the opposite problem as stated above. The G3 was nice, and it's what all the Skygods fly, but my nose is too big and touched the visor. With the Revolve, it wasn't an issue.

I have been jumping the Revolve ever since and absolutely love it. Having the ability to easily talk up until you exit is a huge seller for me. Also, being able to open up the face under canopy is great. The fact that it's a full face or you can remove the cover and have an open face is a huge bonus.

You can see pics of the new Revolve on Bonehead's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604873652889654&set=pb.112199818823709.-2207520000.1380894872.&type=3&theater

I don't have the funds for a new helmet, and unsure how I feel about the exposed audible mount, but I LOVE the increased visor visibility, even though the current size has never been an issue for me.

Definitely try them both on if you can, but I doubt you will be displeased with a Revolve.