kelleyadai

Crawl for the Cause Pub Crawl (JFTC)

Announcing the Coast-to-Coast Crawl for the Cause!!!! Ladies, my name is Kelley Frederickson and I am organizing what will HOPEFULLY be a multi-city Pub Crawl fundraiser! The possible dates are July 6, July 20, or August 3, 2002. If you are interested in arranging in your city, please let me know the best date for you. We will try to get as many cities together as possible on a single date!
The idea is to ask local pubs located in crawling distance to participate. We then can individually buy pint glasses (w/JFTC logo) and JFTC stickers. That way when people register, we can give them a pint glass, JFTC sticker, and hourly itinerary and they start to crawl. I am asking each pub to donate a free drink or happy hour prices ($2 draft domestic/ $3 draft import/$3 well drinks) to those with a sticker/pint glass (stickers are back ups to those with glasses that might be broken through the day). Email me for sample flyer!
The donations are from the registration, between the glasses and the stickers, it should be about $5 overhead (*more exact prices to come) and registration 35$ so you make 30$/crawler.
More donations can be made from a raffle at the last place on the route. Ask local bars/restaurant/stores for donations. Tell them what you are raising money for and that you need raffle prizes. You will be surprised how generous they will be! Dinners for two, gift certificates, etc… look for prizes that value $25 or more. Sell your raffle tickets for 5$/one, 10$/three (depending on the value of your prizes)
Finally, during this Pub Crawl event, at 7:30 pm central, a toast will be raised in different cities as a Toast for the Cause! If everyone could take a picture of their toast, we can combine pictures and send articles to national newspapers/magazines to advertise our jump/ cause.
Let’s see how many cities we can get involved! Want to organize in your city? Email Kelley at [email protected]! Thanks!

You go Kelley! I've already heard from ladies in San Diego and Atlanta who want to host a "Crawl for the Cause" in their cities. Anyone else? This is for a good "cause", and lordy, it should be fun!
Thanks for being so creative, what a great idea to raise money for the Cause! We should be able to get one of these going in the UK too, right? You don't have to be a JFTC participant to host one of these, just choose a worthy participant(s) to shower the proceeds onto, and she/they will be pleased!
blue skies
kate

Also, I have already done Cocktail for the Cause. It is a bit smaller in scope because you are only dealing with one bar. I arranged it in, no kidding, one week (And I was out of town for 4 days of it). Flyers are already made, use mine!! (I have them on word) All you have to do is ask your favorite bar to host and collect as many prizes as time allows!!
So those of you that might be intrested in something smaller, do Cocktail for the Cause on the same day and we can still do our national toast! Let me know what date is good for you, how bout August 10th?
Here is what I did.
I arranged a happy hour with drink specials and a raffle.
I went to restaurants and bars and got gift certificate donations for the raffle. I got great donations, 100$ dinners, free happy hours for 50, massages, free Guest Suite stays, etc. I got a lot of bars to donate by saying I would bring them a video to show at their bar after the jump was complete!
I sold raffle tickets 1/5$, 3/10$, 5/20$. People were laying down 100$ for 25 raffle tickets, no kidding! I raised 1800$ in one night!!!
I have flyers etc noting the prizes if you want to see them or if you have questions about how I set the cocktails up, feel free to contact me!
I also gave out JFTC stickers (from this website) which gave everyone a free drink at the bar next door. And I got the postcards to send out as a thank you (I asked addresses on raffle tickets)
Blue Skies, Kelley

Okay. Pint glasses are a go! They are $1.50/piece and expect up to $.50/glass for shipping (worse case scenario) So $2.00 pint glasses works for me! Let me know if you are intrested! They are single color white etched JFTC logo just like the shot glasses in the store.

A big thanks to Atlanta!
Jaimie Johnson, Tammy Tatum, Jennifer DeLong, Becca Garrison
Okay all!! The Coast to Coast Crawl is Houston, Atlanta, Chapel Hill!
We need some on the West Coast! Come on guys, it REALLY is not a lot of work..I will do most of it for you, just need you to do the leg work with the bars!
Thanks!
Kelley

:D

Okay. Dates are SET! We have divided up onto two dates because skydiving schedules are tough to match!

August 3rd and August 10th. Still looking for more cities to do a crawl or a cocktail at a single bar on one of those dates!

People, this is EASY EASY EASY. With one hour of work, I got four bars to commit and a micro brew to donate a keg for the DZ to raise money. IT is so easy, all you have to do is ask and you will be surprised at the response.

Jaimie Johnson in Atlanta has a great idea. She got tandems donated and is using one as incentive to bartenders and waiters at her bars to get poeple to register. The employee with the most registration wins a tandem! Sweet idea, keep rockin girls!!
It is mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack, not rationality.
-Black Mamba