Arcticanalog

Tears on top skin. Patch it or replace the top skin panel?

JerryBaumchen

Hi Chuck,

Back in the 60's there was a guy in Northern California who used contrasting colors for all of the patches in his ParaCommander.

I think it could probably be called the original Clown P/C.

And that was one way to get past the 3-color limit.

:P

JerryBaumchen

Wow! :D:D:D

One of our jumpers ordered a new Talon, several years ago. He filled-out the order form and mailed it in. A few days later, he received a call from RI, asking him which colors he wanted on his Talon. Our resident jumper responded with; "Mix 'em up and make it ugly!" He got what he asked for!

Chuck

Really? You have the opinion of the manufacturer yet you feel the need to ask here? No, don't get it done. They are just like the brake shop, don't believe them either. They are all out to rip you off. Use your lines and your brakes until they fail. Don't be a sucker.

But seriously it depends on whether or not you want to go though the trouble of relining it down the road, and what your tolerance is for an out of trim canopy. At lighter wing loadings a lot of canopies work well even out of trim. I would lean toward the factory reline.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Arcticanalog

it's a 170 so I'm assuming 2inches out of trim isn't going to kill me. Think i'm going to try and put at least another 100 jumps on it. Thanks for the input dudes.

Not a very wise assumption and decision, but it's your life.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message