pilotdave

some new videos

I don't have a really convenient way of listing recent uploads on my site, so I'll just list some of the new ones here.

/cutaways/parachute reserve ride.avi (950ish K)

No idea who uploaded this one or anything about it, but it's one scary video. First a camera flyer collides with the formation he's filming, then it cuts to his main/reserve entanglement. Works out fine. Anyone know anything about this one?

/base/baserekord_hoy.wmv

Tom Erik Heimen, Martin Rosén, Stein Olsen, Mikael Nordqvist, Ingar Strand and Bjørn Magne Bryn made a seven-way with wingsuits from Nebbet in Gudvangen on Thursday, during the Ekstremsportveko 2002.
From http://www.nrk.no/magasin/upunkt/adrenalin/1957713.html. (Thanks Craig!)

/base/TomAiello/Jinx.mov

150 foot cliff basejump into water. Canopy ride of...well... not very long.

Lots of other have been uploaded within the last few weeks. Thanks to all the uploaders!

Dave
[:/]

I love your FTP site! Everytime I need a skydiving boost (daily;)) I go there. My thanks also to everyone who has uploaded stuff.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Cool vids..
the scream from the guy in the parachute reserve ride vid gave me shivers
still trying to find a Codec for the basecollision movie... wish they could improve codec standards somehow

--
Hook high, flare on time

still trying to find a Codec for the basecollision movie... wish they could improve codec standards somehow

Seems to be an intel indeo codec. I just converted it to DivX, and dropped the size down to 1.25 megs. You can find the new one at /base/basecollision_DivX.avi. Talk about scary.

Dave

That needs to be sorted really?

Eh? Speek inglesh! You agreeing or disagreeing? :)
When the server was on my own computer, I could just quickly edit a text file (the welcome message) every time a file was uploaded. Now I don't have direct control over the welcome message (I don't think. Do I, Andy?), and I'd have to upload it every time which is a pain. Some people visit on a daily basis but it can be really hard to find what's new. Maybe I'll try to get that search page back up.

Dave

Listen pal, we invented the language, so don't tell me how to speak it proper!! :-)

Sorry for the confusion; it was a sort of rhetorical suggestion. An ", eh?" at the end may have helped clarify it!

Is it you or Andy that moves the files from the uploads directory to somewhere more logical? If it's you, don't those rights allow you to modify the welcome text?

Modifying the welcome text would be best, but the search would be cool too.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Well, I move the files, but I do it either by downloading and reuploading, or using the rename command in ftp for DOS. Haven't found a "drag-and-drop" way of moving a file on a remote server yet. I can probably edit the welcome message, but its just a bit time consuming to do it after every upload/move.

Dave

wf_ftp should allow you to edit the welcome message file when you're logged in as you.... (it kludges around a get, edit, post) welcome.msg is in the root directory, I think.

If I ever get some spare time I'll do those upgrades you mentioned a while ago.... but spare time isn't something I have tons of right now.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.