Brutus

Newbie looking for fullface helmet

Hi guys, hope you can give me some advice about a topic which really got me lost.

I was thinking about buying a full face skydiving helmet. I asked an online shop about the Square Phamtom X helmet which I had very good reviews as far as I knew.

They repplied that although they still have it on their webpage, they were not selling this helmet anymore because of its problems with the visor system openings

Have you heard or read about these problems? Is it really a good option to spend my money on this item? Or is it better if I change for the G3 Cookie helmet?

Have you further information about other options?

Are you still in your student time? If so, aks your instructors what they recommend you to use. Normally they want you to jump an open face in order to see your face expression to judge your ability whether you work in freefall or block. If not, i would definately recommend you to test jump a fullface helmet first, whatever model you can lend out from another jumper or instructor. It's a different feeling some people don't like. If you are fully decided to buy a fullface helmet i can highly recommend the g3, it's a great helmet, in my mind perfect overall, love mine, never without again. Hope this helps. Blue Skeis

you absolutely can't go wrong with a g3

Unless it does not fit you (this goes for all models, not just the G3).

Do not order a helmet purely online. Try different models and sizes in person. Your head shape and sizing is way too variable.
Remster

weaverd

Bonehead Revolve, best full face out there!

NOit's not, It is ONE of the fullface helmets out there (there are many) Mosdt of them very good.
What is important is FIT.
G3, Revolve (dont personally like them) Phantom, Oxygn, Freezer, Havoc all good helmets but if it does not fit right it's garbage.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

***Bonehead Revolve, best full face out there!

NOit's not, It is ONE of the fullface helmets out there (there are many) Mosdt of them very good.
G3, Revolve (dont personally like them) Phantom, Oxygn, Freezer, Havoc all good helmets but if it does not fit right it's garbage.

Add the Z1 to the list too.
Remster

Everything that folks just said about fit is true. If it doesn't fit, don't keep it.

That being said, I see more people jumping and tunnel flying G3s than anything else. I love mine! Call any of the major dealers and talk to them. I used Chuting Star. Most of them will allow you to return it (unused of course) if it doesn't fit and will talk you through the process of figuring out which size is best for you. There are plenty of good helmets out there so if for some reason the G3 doesn't work for you, keep shopping.

Also, if you need parts like a visor or something, you will be more likely to find it with the G3 than with anything else just because they are so widely used.

Brutus

Hi guys, hope you can give me some advice about a topic which really got me lost.

I was thinking about buying a full face skydiving helmet. I asked an online shop about the Square Phamtom X helmet which I had very good reviews as far as I knew.

They repplied that although they still have it on their webpage, they were not selling this helmet anymore because of its problems with the visor system openings

Have you heard or read about these problems? Is it really a good option to spend my money on this item? Or is it better if I change for the G3 Cookie helmet?

Have you further information about other options?

If you have questions about the Phantom, I'd suggest you call Square 1 directly. I jump at Perris, where the majority of the locals with full face helmets have the Phantom X. I've had mine for more than 2 years, and I've had no problems. I like that I can take the visor off to wash or replace it without using tools. I tried on the Cookie, but it didn't fit my head right.

Square 1 also has one or two new full face helmets on the way. Again, I'd contact them directly.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Dunno where you jump but beyond fit (which has been covered) I'd recommend a helmet that has a way to flip up the visor under canopy (I don't even know if there are any good helmets these days that are closed only...?). I've seen and experienced weird fogging issues around deployment time and it has been nice to get the visor out of the way (both during the cold in winter and sometimes on humid days in the summer). Mainly seemed to be on sky systems products but I remember folks having a hell of a time.

That being said, like everyone else, I have a G3...

Squeak

***Bonehead Revolve, best full face out there!

I cant speak for other companies but with bonehead if it doesint fit mail it back and they will send you a new one, most companies have a sizing chart for their helmets