A12

Jumptown - Orange, MA

Just curious who here as jumped at or is currently jumping at Jumptown in Orange, MA

I am currently working on my AFF there and I think they are a great bunch of people. I will be there all this weekend, and if I can keep the money coming in, I will be there for MANY more weekends to come!

So lets here it...
If you want to fly, get out of the plane!

My Homepage
My Blogger

Hi Adam -

Jumptown is mine and my husband's home DZ. We love it there although we haven't been able to jump there for a while, but we'll be up there this summer. We both did AFF at Pepperell, but made Jumptown our home shortly afterwards...I may actually stop by to give Brian our rigs this weekend because we're both due for reserve repacks :( But it's gonna kill me to drive all the way there and then not have a rig to jump.

Our only complaint about the DZ is that it's a little far for us to get to, but hey, it could be worse.

Good luck with the AFF and maybe we'll catch you up at Jumptown.
Rhonda
PP ASEL

Adam,

Welcome newbie. I also will be taking my AFF at Jumptown. I originally started AFF at Skydive Space Center in Florida this past May, but was grounded due to an injury. Nothing major, it happened in the wind tunnel.

I have been in touch with some of the folks who jump there and they seem awesome.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Hi Adam,

Jumptown is a great DZ. My husband and I both jump there. We haven't been around much lately as he was injured a few months ago and I was out due to knee surgery but we might be back this weekend. Our rigs were both in for repacks so we will be by to at least pick them up so I'll look for you. Good luck with your AFF. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask.

Blue skies, calm winds, hopefully!
Donna

Hey Donna!

Long time, no see....hope you're doing well and getting back into the sky - I didn't know your husband was injured - hope he is doing ok. I haven't jumped since we went to Eloy in March because I've been busy taking flight lessons in Bedford :ph34r:

Hope we get to see you again soon.

Take care.
Rhonda
PP ASEL

Adam, I jump there too. Maybe I met you last weekend? I'm really bad with names and it usually takes a couple meetings for them to sink in. Anyway, I'll be there all day tomorrow (Sunday) so if you see a guy with a red and gold Racer with some tie-dye, come say hey.

Joe

Hi, Adam

Saw your name on the board at J-Town today, and hope the wind came down enough for you to make a second jump.

I made my first jump at Orange before most of those who post here were born, but that also applies to most of the people I've jumped with lately.

Orange was the first commercial skydiving center in the US, and host to the 1962 world meet and 1965 nationals. That big sandy bowl in the middle of the runways used to have a "lip" where spectators could watch accuracy landings. Orange closed in the early 80's, but reopened in the mid-90's. The current crew is mostly refugees from the Mass. Sport Parachute Club at Turners Falls, 20 miles down the road. When the clubhouse collapsed, we moved to Orange.

For visitors to Massachusetts, it's only open Fri-Sun and holidays. It's a club, and folks have real lives.

Jerry Bird and Nancy LaRiviere are organizing/teaching this weekend.

http://www.jumptown.com

HW

I didn't get to make a second jump, I left around 4 to meet up with some friends. But, I am soon to be on my way back there to see if I can squeeze in a couple more jumps before the weekend ends.

Hopefully the weather out there is better than my house right now....
If you want to fly, get out of the plane!

My Homepage
My Blogger

I have been jumping at Boston Providence but I am going to try to make my way up to Jumptown next weekend. Look for a guy with a DZ.com t-shirt on and a cooler full of Coronas.B| Hook up with me and we will jump out of da plane and get all crazy in the air!:S

Hey Rhonda!

I didn't know your husband was injured - hope he is doing ok.

He broke 4 vertebrae in his back on May 4th on a bad landing but he is much better now and had been planning on trying a jump today until we got smoked out.

Taking flying lessons?? That sounds like so much fun!

Hope to see you at J'town soon!

Yeah, I went up to Jumptown today too, but I just dropped our rigs off for repacks

AHA! I bet it was Rhonda that called in that smoke since her rig was out of date and then she wouldn't feel bad for not being able to get to jump! J/K!!

Sorry we missed seeing you both, Rhonda and Adam. (Did get to see meet Joe!) You must have been there earlier than us. They weren't even doing any cessna jumps when we were there. I can see rained out, clouded out, winded out but smoked out?? Too weird! I didn't even know about a fire in Canada!

I'm glad I got to at least be there a bit though. I've been getting really anxious about jumping again, especially after Bernie's injury. I had been feeling like we were crazy to be doing this but then after 5 minutes at Jumptown I felt we were normal again! :)