PixieUK

Dolphin D2 container

Does anyone know this make of container? What do you think are the pros and cons? A second-hand one has come up for sale at a reasonable price, and the seller is a similar height/build to me so hopefully it would fit well.

DOM 1996, in fab condition
RSL fitted
Cypres ready

I need to find out the maximum volume main that could go into it - the seller doesn't say what canopy she has been using and the container is described as 190/170 which may be too small for a rig I would consider to start with.
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

Dolphin was made by alitico but I think they were bought out by another company recently.

A d-2 is made for a 160 Reserve 170 Main. Ask him what size the harness is to see if it will fit you.

Small Up to 5'4" 100 - 130 lbs.
Medium 5'5" - 5'7" 140 - 160 lbs.
Medium - Large 5'8" - 5'10" 170 - 180 lbs.
Large 5'11" - 6'1" 190 - 210 lbs.
X - Large 6'2" - 6'4" 220 - 240 lbs.
XX - Large 6'6" 250 lbs

Also check and see if it was been modified to be freefly friendly if you intend on going that route later in your jumping career.

PixieUK

Does anyone know this make of container? What do you think are the pros and cons? A second-hand one has come up for sale at a reasonable price, and the seller is a similar height/build to me so hopefully it would fit well.

DOM 1996, in fab condition
RSL fitted
Cypres ready

I need to find out the maximum volume main that could go into it - the seller doesn't say what canopy she has been using and the container is described as 190/170 which may be too small for a rig I would consider to start with.

I jumped a Dolphin D3 as my first container. It is a cheap, no frills container, but it did its job. I had a 190 main and a RavenII reserve (181 sq ft I think) in it. It also comfortably fit a 170.

If it is in good condition, then I think it should be ok, I survived using mine!! But as stated, I don't think they are freefly friendly, so don't try to sit fly in it!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Didn't the new generation of Dolphin come around about 2000?

This one is a 1996. My old one was a 1996 DoM too, and it didn't have any snaps and it wasn't a freefly friendly one.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I jumped Dolphins for 15 years and really like them. They were built by the guy who designed the Javelin and are basically the same.
I too heard that they were recently bought out by another company but that shouldn't effect anything.
Good Luck
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime