freaksister

Skyfest 2002 again!!

:)

Here ya go:

SKYFEST 2002

July 19-21st

Hosted by Skydive Dallas

Come join us at Skydive Dallas for SKYFEST 2002 benefiting the Jerry Schrimsher Skydiving Scholarship Foundation (JSSSF). The Scholarship will enable candidates to participate in a coaching program such as Skydive University (SDU) and/or USPA’s coaching program. The foundation and the annual SKYFEST event are used to continue Jerry’s efforts in keeping upcoming jumpers in the sport. Jerry believed that coaching programs provide the bridge between student status and experienced skydiving. Money for the scholarship fund is raised through the raffle ticket sales, registration, sponsorships, and donations.

* REGISTRATION FEE $30 – Includes SKYFEST Boogie Shirt, a raffle ticket, all you can eat dinner Saturday night, and beer. Additional raffle tickets are available for $5.

* SPECIALTY AIRCRAFT

o SKYVAN and our usual SUPER OTTER & SUPER CARAVAN

o THREE HOTAIR BALLOONS – Pre-manifesting for early morning (6 am) and evening (7 pm) for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Slots are limited so call now!

* SPECIALTY DIVES

o WOMEN’S STATE RECORD ATTEMPTS

Stan at 214-435-6555 or [email protected]

o FREEFLY STATE RECORD ATTEMPTS

o ORGANIZED SKYDIVES – Larry Clap will be on hand to organize big-ways!

o HIGH ALTITUDE JUMPS – Make a Skydive from 20,000+ feet!

o RAFT DIVES FROM THE SKYVAN

o HIGH SPEED HOP-N-POPs – Jump from the SkyVan at a High rate of speed

* RAFFLED DIVES — ALL WEEKEND EVENT

o TeXXas 20-way Pink Patch Dives– This is a TeXXas Star Formation made up of nineteen females and you, the winner of the raffled slot. Winner can be male or female!

o Hot 4-Way Skydives- win a slot w/ a winning TSL 4-way team

* AWARD JUMPS -- UPCOMING JUMPERS!!

o SCS/SCR’s. – Jerry loved to help the new guys/gals get their awards, and we would love to help you get yours! Pre-manifest for Friday and Saturday jumps. To pre-manifest for award jumps, contact J Schrimsher @ 214-232-1357 or [email protected]

o Falcons, Eagles, Double Falcon, Double Eagle, and etc.

* SPECIFIC ITEM RAFFLES – sponsors include, Precision Aerodynamics, Mirage, Icarus, Relative Workshop, Performance Designs and more to follow.

* RANDOM RAFFLE –Over 50 items to be raffled throughout the weekend.

Skydive Dallas 903-364-5103 or [email protected]

WWW.SKYFESTBOOGIE.COM coming soon!

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Stan A. Schrimsher

214-435-6555

[email protected]

Look out Whitewright, the Aggies are coming, the Aggies are coming!:)
It'll be nice to be up around where I'm from for the weekend too, even if it means that I have to put up with that damn April girl...:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Heard this weekend that it cost 20 bucks to jump the Otter up there.

Is this true?

One or two jumps is ok but when you make 10, even 20 jumps that adds up quick, plus 30 bucks for a boogie fee. Ouch, not much of a boogie, I go to boogies for discounted jumps not inflated ones.

Let me know, I would appreciate it.

Bryan

[qoute]Heard this weekend that it cost 20 bucks to jump the Otter up there.

Is this true?

One or two jumps is ok but when you make 10, even 20 jumps that adds up quick, plus 30 bucks for a boogie fee. Ouch, not much of a boogie, I go to boogies for discounted jumps not inflated ones.

it's true. but regardless of the high $$$ jump tickets we have to go for the headdown record. it's going to take all of us to make it happen. but unfortunately due to the high cost of jumping at dallas i'm going to be limited to about 6 or 7 jumps. so i'll only be there for one day. any idea which day we'll be doing the bigways?

levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

Everybody stay calm. LOL

We sell blocks of tickets you know, if you buy ten or twenty they are $19 each, if you buy forty they are $18 each. Also, I heard they"might" drop the ticket prices but I'm not sure so don't anyone quote me on that. ALSO, the hot air balloon is only $60 and that's cheap! Last year at the WFFC, balloon jumps were $79 and I am sure they will be up this year. There are a LOT of reasons to come to this boogie, regardless of the cost. High altitude jumps, high speed passes (I think there will be enough demand for those that they will do them without hop n pops as well) - raft dives - the Skyvan - and all the money and stuff they are giving away. I mean, look at the big picture!!!;) THey are giving $200 to the person who participates in the most events.

Plus they aren't kidding when they say thousands of dollars in prizes. I have seen the certificates and stuff and let me tell you - its the best I've seen!

Plus this boogie always comes through when they say. The beer and food are always outstanding and the prizes and aircraft show up. It is definitely worth a five hour drive.

Can I get a "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"""""""" (hehe!!) :D

There are sign up sheets covering a whole wall of the hangar for all the events - I will find the one for the freefly records and let you know.

They got a VSCR last weekend - they are really working their asses off - we have been having freefly big way camps for months...as well as FS big way camps - there is a women's state record as well - anyone interested email Mandy at [email protected]!

shhh- it is a well kept secret!! ;) sometimes it is all in who you know but no its not new just not advertised - i probably just killed it though, knowing me - hey girl you gotta see my new wares for sale! I got some bad ass tye dye tanks plain or with some SWEET additions !! I need a booth at the boogie - I wonder how that will go over? I have loads of jewelry I've been making and lots of cool tee shirts. WOOHOO Anyway, you gonna come see me for the boogie?

The block tickets start at 20 tickets for $19.00 each. That is the smallest amount you can buy. If you register at the boogie they will allow you to use your block tickets on any aircraft, except for high altitude and balloon. There are no 10 ticket blocks, lets try to keep our info straight;)

Some of the raffle items include, free vector, 2-40% cert,from Icarus,2-50% oxgyn helmets, 2-free altimeters, 2-50% off mirage, free protrack and dytter, and the list is still growing!!!!B|

WooHoo! This is my First Post! BEER! But you gotta come to the boogie to get it!! :P

awww come on J I was just trying to get people to the boogie - LOL

Anyway, no blocks of ten. :) But for twenty clams a ride, its still the boogie to be seen at. I have to agree!!!

I noticed Spacelan didn't drop their prices for the TSR "Boogie" even rasied them for the CASA

I would like to make a small note here to clarify something - just in case it ever comes to question - standard jump prices are something this boogie is not involved in. This boogie is The JSSSF Boogie and it is only being HOSTED by Skydive Dallas. It is not the dropzone's boogie - it is the Schrimsher Foundation's. So let's try to keep any bitching about the dz's policies separate. :S