markussprenger

Comparission of cross-braced canopies

[First, I havent updated my profile in years, secondly youve jumped ONE Xaos 27. Ive packed literally a half dozen different ones thousands of times and as a rigger with over 35,000 packjobs I can tell you that the 27 has the highest cutaway rate of any crossbraced canopy Ive ever seen. Some of them are so bad, that if youve never packed one, youre almost guaranteed to pack a chop within 50 jumps. To each his own I guess. Whats next, youll tell me you have a few hundred jumps on a Stiletto without a chop so that means its not a spin machine? Come on now... ]

I have both I have a Xaos 27 92 and a Velo 111. In my opinion the Xaos has way better openings but I have had more cutaways on the Xaos simply because it was the first really high performance canopy where I really needed good body position. The more I jumped the canopy the better the openings got to the point where it became my favorite opening canopy ever. Since then I put on some weight and went to a Velo 111. The openings on it were down right scary to the point where I just didn't want to jump it anymore so I do a lot o research on Velo openings and apply it to my jumps. My openings are now very controllable but the Xaos is just a better opening canopy.

texmex

First, I havent updated my profile in years, secondly youve jumped ONE Xaos 27.

first - updating your profile would take less time than these reactionary replies

second - I own two 27s and I have jumped many more, so let's stop making assumptions about my experience to try and discredit me, thank you

rigger with over 35,000 packjobs

I can only deduce that these would be main packjobs from your posted info and how long it would take to pack that many reserves.

If these are indeed main packjobs, are people cutting away your main packjobs more often on the 27s? Maybe you have something against these great parachutes and are packing them strangely?

Sure sounds like it....