SFBayArea

Cookie G3, what do you use to clean visor?

Water, mild liquid dish soap, and my fingers. Rinse clean under running water and let it sit to air dry. Don't scrub it or dry it with any cloths at all!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Had my G3 for a week now - LOVE IT. However, the visor is not as clear as it should be.

I'll admit this just in case...

The first time I replaced my Z1 visor, I didn't realize that it had a protective film stuck on it and I spent waaay too much time trying to wash the "oily" look off the thing. :$
Owned by Remi #?

SFBayArea

Hey guys,

Had my G3 for a week now - LOVE IT. However, the visor is not as clear as it should be. I was wondering what people use to clean it and not strip anti-fogging coating?

I only use fairly warm tap water (not boiling) then use my fingers to rub any oily/greasy spots from touching it then rinse really well with warm water.

I then swing the helmet around with the lens open to blow away most of the water.

I then use a micro fiber camera cloth to dry it.

No soap - no cleaners.

This is the recommended procedure by Cookie Composites.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

SFBayArea

It sounds like you guys remove visor to wash it right?

Yes.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

SFBayArea

Hey guys,

Had my G3 for a week now - LOVE IT. However, the visor is not as clear as it should be. I was wondering what people use to clean it and not strip anti-fogging coating?

Make sure you have the proper V2 visor cause I had a defect where I got the V1 (written on the side) and the anti fog melted off.
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!