parkair

Wings W-11 and Pilot 168 ZPX

Anyone put a Pilot 168 ZPX in a Wings W-11 container? I have a Pilot 168 ZP and it is too big. So tight that it messes with the deployments. Just got the new container but I really like my 168 and don't want to downsize at this time. The answer from Sunrise is we sized everything off PD canopies. Thanks for your honest answers.

Aerodyne says 15-20% smaller pack volume, so a 168 ZPX is about a "normal" 140sqf canopy.

The Wings Sizing Chart says a 150-170sqf will fit in the W-11 container.

So if the 168 is too big, i guess the ZPX will fit.

But better ask a rigger.

BIGUN,
It's tight in both. I had this canopy (Pilot ZP 168) in my last rig which was for a 190-210. Of course it fit loose but nice. I hoped it would fit in the new Wings, but no, so I was thinking the ZPX 168 would be perfect. Was hoping to keep it at a 168 without downsizing. Really like the new Wings for fit.

Can you borrow/demo a ZPX 168 just to check for fit? Your profile says you're in FLA - lots of large gear stores around there and tons of skydivers - surely someone has one. Better than ordering one and being disappointed.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

parkair

BIGUN,
It's tight in both. I had this canopy (Pilot ZP 168) in my last rig which was for a 190-210. Of course it fit loose but nice. I hoped it would fit in the new Wings, but no, so I was thinking the ZPX 168 would be perfect. Was hoping to keep it at a 168 without downsizing. Really like the new Wings for fit.

Yeah, it's going to be a bit small... especially if you have a newer ZP canopy. I can only make a couple of non-rigger suggestions, 1) try a psychopack, and 2) talk to your rigger about a larger Wings D-bag.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.