SFBayArea

"Body Suit", is it a good suit?

Getting my first suit. Went to the local (hour and a half away) shop to order one. Got all the measurements done in the shop. However, paying for it almost $450 come to think I didn't find much info on the web if these suits good or bad.
Anybody has personal experience with "body suite"?
Also, being 195lb heavy, should I be getting it in UltraLight - supplex or medium weight? On one hand I don't want it to be too hot, on the other I don't want to decelerate faster then others especially being already 195lb.

Telling us your weight without your height is worthless. You could be 195 pounds and 6 feet tall and be normal, or you could be 195 and be two feet tall and be ballistic.

As for the suit itself..... Seen them around. Most times the RW suits seem to be worn by budget skydivers. That is not a bad think, just a comment.

I can't think of anything negative about the suits. But can't think of any glowing recommendations either.

In the end, not that big a deal. I had some real crappy jump suits when I started, even had one made by this woman for 100 bucks. I looked like an idiot, and it didn't fit... But you will buy more than one suit if you jump for any real length of time.

I would not break the bank for a suit unless you are a professional.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

It sounds like your talking about the flitesuit brand body suit rw suit. If so then yes I've had a few of them, 2 rw, 2 camera, and a freefly suit. They have all been good looking, durable, and seem to hold together better than my waistline, so even though my current ff, rw, and camera suit are in great shape I just ordered three more. Having only owned their jumpsuits I can't compare them to anyone else, they've been great for me so I'll continue to use them.

As far as material selection goes, fast or slow is something you'll have to figure out on your own. I'm currently 215 and can always fall faster, so I personally like a pretty slow suit. I'd assume from your question that you don't have a ton of jumps, so ask your instructors what they think about your fall rate.

I am actually looking to slow down a little. I mean I am 5'10" and 195lb, with clothing and gear probably 225lb. Hence, I don't think I need a faster flight suit.
The guy at the order booth said that I can get an ultralite weight suite, but add small wings and be at the same or better fall rate then medium weight material.

How does the Supplex stand for the abuse - stains, tears, etc.

Thanks.

I am on my 3rd Body Suit by FliteSuit and have been jumping them since 2001. They make a great quality and very durable jumpsuit. I would suggest you call them direct and discuss the different options available. I did this when ordering my 1st Body Suit and they helped me figure out what would work best. Good luck!

I am on my 3rd Body Suit by FliteSuit and have been jumping them since 2001. They make a great quality and very durable jumpsuit. I would suggest you call them direct and discuss the different options available. I did this when ordering my 1st Body Suit and they helped me figure out what would work best. Good luck!

Thanks. I called them um. Ended up ordering an ultralight suit with codura knees and a$$ and to slow down me a little they will build in small wings in it, which they said look more like an extra fabric in the armpits :-). Now, I just can't wait to get it.