uberchris

omni

so whats up? why do i never see omnis or omegas by icarus for sale anywhere? are they great canopies?
does anyone fly them?

everything ive read about them on this website using search dates back to like 2003-2005

i love icarus, and im going to send an email to them tomorrow to see about demoing an omni 139 as my wingsuit canopy.

thoughts, opinions, etc. on the omni are welcome and highly encouraged...
gravity brings me down.........

uberchris

so whats up? why do i never see omnis or omegas by icarus for sale anywhere? are they great canopies?
does anyone fly them?

everything ive read about them on this website using search dates back to like 2003-2005

i love icarus, and im going to send an email to them tomorrow to see about demoing an omni 139 as my wingsuit canopy.

I have ~2500 jumps on my Icarus Omni 183.5. I just ordered a new one from NZ Aerosports. They still make them, however they don't market them because "The Omni is not really a current design."
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

SansSuit

***so whats up? why do i never see omnis or omegas by icarus for sale anywhere? are they great canopies?
does anyone fly them?

I have ~2500 jumps on my Icarus Omni 183.5. I just ordered a new one from NZ Aerosports. They still make them, however they don't market them because "The Omni is not really a current design."

That is sad. I know at least 8 peoples that jump Spectre including myself and that is not "current" design either :$ I was considering going Omni, but resale value will not be as good as Spectre.

SansSuit

***so whats up? why do i never see omnis or omegas by icarus for sale anywhere? are they great canopies?
does anyone fly them?

that kind of worries me that they may not have an omni 139 for me to demo...........it would be nice to fly one for a weekend or two just to compare it to the spectre that i used to fly.
gravity brings me down.........

uberchris

that kind of worries me that they may not have an omni 139 for me to demo...........it would be nice to fly one for a weekend or two just to compare it to the spectre that i used to fly.

I think you should widen your horizons a little and try other manufacturers. You may well "love Icarus" but if they themselves don't want to publicize the Omni because it is out of date technology, maybe you should look into at least demoing something else...a Storm maybe?

What characteristics do you want from your canopy? Maybe a 9-cell could fit the bill? That would really open up your choices.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

uberchris

I spoke to the Icarus rep at Carolinafest, and they do have Omnis and Omega they can demo. When I get back I plan to demo both and write up some good reviews comparing them both to each other and to the Storm and Spectre with which I already have experience.
Brian