cbain

piercings and tattoos

Just a question for everyone out of curiousity. What piercings and/or tattoos do you have or plan to get? Do you think skydivers are any more or less inclined to piercings/tattoos than the general pubilc?

I have my ears pierced in the normal spot, and then my nose is pierced and I wear a little stud in it. I just got the cartiledge on one ear pierced and have a hoop in it. I want to get another hoop right above it when this one heals. I also like the piercing on your lower lip center right above the chin but don't know about work with that one.

I'm also thinking about getting a tattoo of sun between my shoulder blades. With maybe a silouhette of a skydiver in front of the sun. What do you think?

Christina

your tat sounds like it would be good. I have a belly piercing. The picture is floating around here somewhere.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

and my nipple pierced......

you only have one? :D;)

----------------------------------------------
they are addictive, i have my left ear pierced in three places, all on the lobe but i don't wear anything in them anymore. i have three tattoos and plan to get one of them modified (good idea, poor execution) as soon as i get my A license. yes, it will be skydive related. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I definitely think skydivers are a little more 'inclined' to get piercings and tats. I think it is combination of aesthetics (view from above) and expressing individuality - I believe that these are part of what draws the personalities to skydiving.
I myself have a tat that looks a lot like this :P. I have my art work done for 2 more: an ankle wrap that looks like thorns, with designs in the thorn weaves, and (I don't know the name), but the celtic symbol for the holy trinity (the band P.O.D. used it on the cover of their first major label release).
Have considered piercings, but haven't really felt the need to follow through on that one.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

If I were to get one, I'd prolly get some sort of tribal design around the bicep. Yeah, it's cliche, but I always thought it looked kinda cool.

My left ear is pierced, but I haven't had an earring in in ages. Plus unless I shaved myself totally bald, I'd look kinda dorky with earrings given my current hairline. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

i have had 6 different piercings, but no longer wear any of them so i wont go in to details, this is mainly due to becoming professional in my career path as well as i just dont think people have piercings for the same reasons any more ... or maybe i just grew up (so to speak) actually NO ... i will never grow up

i have one semi large tribal tat on my back between my shoulder blades

i do plan on a couple more tats though

hisgoofyness

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

I had always wanted to get a tattoo, but didn't until after I got into skydiving. I find myself looking to see what the other skydivers "got".

I've got the coolest St. Michael the Archangel (patron saint of skydivers) on my inner right bicep. Custom artwork by Cecelia of Mom's Body Shop in the Haight, SF. "You know, you've picked one of the most painful places to have this done?"

No piercings. Ouch.

More tattoos on Freeflyers than RW. Way more.

I just have the normal ear piercings and my belly button pierced. I occasionally think about getting other piercings, but just haven't decided for sure yet.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

No piercings on this camper, but I do have one tattoo (a tribal arm band around the left arm) with no real plans of getting any more. Besides, getting another tattoo would cost money and that would take away valuable resources from getting more jumps in now wouldn't it. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

ready...set....go!
left earlobe double pierced, right earlobe pierced, right ear pierced on top cartilage, bellybutton pierced, right nipple pierced.

small blue feather tattooed on lower back - left side, virgo symbol on right foot, sufi symbol on back of left calf, big om in center of shoulderblades, celestial conglomerate on my right hip consisting of the mercury symbol, sun, moon, and a stream of purple stars twining up my right side.

it's true...the tatts are addictive. my next one will be skydiving related...i'm in the process of designing it now...to go around my right wrist.

all the best ink comes from my boy, Elvis at Fun City Tattoo!!! east village, nyc
spiral out...keep going...

peircings?! tatoos?! EEWWW!!
yes Ive got some too. the piercing (NIP) were removed by force. um the Air Force. the tat's are still here somewhere..oh there it is.
Ink- lemme get some gotta get a lump sum INK!
(can any body sighte those lyrics...Chromeboy I think you'd have problems finding these lyrics)

gonna get more ink as soon as the skydiving gets current and I gert do some bank jobs to supplement the cost!
My photos

My Videos

I've got my left ear double-pierced and a tat on the left side of my chest... It's a piece sign with a rose growing through it... stands for "peace and love". I was told when I got it to resist the first temptation to get another one and I'm glad I did... I'm thinking now's a good time for a second and will likely put it between my shoulder blades too. I was thinking of going for the "realism" look and have a shot of a galaxy there...

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I used to have my left ear pierced but took it out a few years ago. I have a tattoo of the sacred heart on my shoulder and planning on getting at least one more done if I can ever justify spending the money on it instead of skydiving. ;)
Aaron

Live as you will want to have lived...

i have one tatto on my shoulderblade and a frenum. i did have both my nippled done but had to take them out for reasons with the mlitary.... i'd like to get the cartilage of my ear done and a few more tattoos..just need to figure out what i want...has to be something i can live with forever....

the ear cartilage thing is easy. just numb it with ice and shove a sterilized needle through it. oh...it helps if you ingest a good amount of beer first.

it makes a wicked popping noise that makes all the boys cringe. ha ha ha ha!!!!!

as for the expense of tattoos, just become good friends with your friendly neighborhood tattoo artist. stop by on a slow night with a six-pack and you're set! it doesn't hurt if you're a cute girl....
spiral out...keep going...

the piercing (NIP) were removed by force. um the Air Force. the tat's are still here somewhere..oh there it is.

I nearly lost an earing like that in army cadets....:o

gonna get more ink as soon as the skydiving gets current and I do some bank jobs to supplement the cost!

Well that's it: wedding's off Joe!:D
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Me?
Both ears, had upper ear, but it got "removed"

Nearly got my nipple done, thankfully I sobered up long enough to say "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Hmmmmm, never getting drunk with that individual again!

Ummm, love Leonardo Da Vinci, but will probably get the chinese symbol for "fear no man". Its meant in the sense of empowering your spirit, body and mind [versus feminism] and was the symbol of Fa Mu Lan.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

had one picked out for a long time, just looking for the right person to do it and have the cash at the same time. going to get this tattooed on my arm, but want it in black ink with shading.

"Trust your Rigger with your Life , but not your Beer or your Wife !"

rigwing.JPG