joewreilly

G3 Helmet Fit

Hey everybody I just got a Cookie G3. I have never worn the G3 or any other full face helmet. I originally got the large but it was very tight so i swapped it for the XL. The XL shell seems good but it is a little tight under the chin. Whenever i looses it to make more room under the chin it seems like the back of the helmet isnt snug around my head. My question is how exactly is the G3 suppose to fit. Is the cloth in the back suppose to be snug against your neck/back of head or does it matter if there is a gap. I might just not be use to the full face yet but I spent a lot on it and want to be sure.

I have tried on a few G3s and found the tightness under the chin thing to be a show stopper. At first I presumed it was a newness thing or something that could be adjusted, but have concluded that that is just how they are made. People who own them tend to acknowledge it and brush it off. I can't and am looking for something else. Hopefully you will get used to it.

Very few people seem to know about the adjustment tab (cookie probably need to make it more obvious somehow or maybe there is an instruction sheet but being a man I threw it away immediately). Probably nearly 75% of the people I know with one did not know about it and it seems to come at it's tightest setting and there is quite a lot of range with it.

timgaines

Very few people seem to know about the adjustment tab (cookie probably need to make it more obvious somehow or maybe there is an instruction sheet but being a man I threw it away immediately). Probably nearly 75% of the people I know with one did not know about it and it seems to come at it's tightest setting and there is quite a lot of range with it.

So, how do I find this adjustment tab?

SFBayArea

***Very few people seem to know about the adjustment tab (cookie probably need to make it more obvious somehow or maybe there is an instruction sheet but being a man I threw it away immediately). Probably nearly 75% of the people I know with one did not know about it and it seems to come at it's tightest setting and there is quite a lot of range with it.

So, how do I find this adjustment tab?

It's a red piece of plastic stuck under the padding at the cheek on one side. It's adjusted sort of like a CYPRES loop, then you stick it back under the padding. Easy to adjust.

Chuck

I had the same issue. Couldn't fit the g3 on my head no matter the size, not mentioning the claustrophobic feel they gave me. Tried on several different ff helmets and then I found my baby... I bought the Kiss helmet and it fit me like a glove. I even got it cheaper than a new Cookie. The G3 is good for round heads and the chin problem you mention will go away in a split second in a Kiss or Phantom. They are made long from chin to the top. The lining is also adjustable and no annoying neck buckle suffocating you + two external audible ports. What can I say, I love it. Will never buy a Cookie.