hypoxic_fool

cookie cutaway chinstrap

just looking for some input from anyone who owns or has used this chinstrap on the cookie m1 freefly helmet. looks like a fairly cheap modification for flying with small format cameras. you hear and read alot of people preaching about having a cutaway system on your helmet if your flying camera, even small format, but honestly the only people iv seen who do are camera flyers with professional setups. although iv never seen a video of a skydiver getting his cam caught up in his lines, i have seen similar instances where a jumpers shoelace got caught on his buddies gopro. id like to be somewhat prepared as i will soon be jumping with a go pro in not too long.

http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/cookie-cutaway-chinstrap

I was looking at this as an option for my Bonehead ReVolve full face. It would all depend on how short the strap can be made, since on a full-face, the chin strap pretty much only extends across the chin. The strap mounting holes are much closer together than on an open face, where they are farther up the side of the face, closer to the ears. Anyone know how short it can be made and still work?