Snowbird

She's so beautiful

So lovely, so sweet, so beautiful... I can't stop touching her, want to keep her with me at all times, not let her out of my sight. She has spirit and lives life joyfully:), willing to perform when asked properly but equally able to punish mistakes.B|

Ah, my beautiful Falcon 175. I think I'm in love.

Did two hop & pops with her today, first time off of student gear. What a blast! She moves so much faster, and responds so smoothly. I was expecting a huge amount of difference from the Manta, and wow she sure came through! OH yeah!

And thank you Sangiro, I found her on the dz.com classifieds!

Now I'm sitting back, happily content, and working through this feeling of disbelief. As much as I've been wanting this for the last 10 months - since my FJC - it was hard to really believe it would happen. Me, skydiving, with my own gear. Doing something so far beyond anything else I've experienced, that has completely shifted the way I view and live life. I'm completely dumbfounded that it has happened and I'm doing it and I think that my life can never be the same, no matter what might happen from here on out. It's gonna take awhile for it to really sink in.

And yes I know. BEER!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Uhmm, since my husband might object, she won't be in bed with us.

The only thing I know how to pack (yet) is the pilot chute so I've had it out a couple times. Now I understand all of you who repack your rig during extended down time.

I am so on cloud 9. And that is almost a literal expression with this sport!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Sure. You say that now. But she knows better. 50, 75, 100 jumps from now you'll be bad mouthing her behind her back. You'll say hurtful things, like "she's too big" and "she's too slow."

One day not so far in the future, your head will be turned by a sexy new demo canopy. You'll take your current love out of your container - "it's just for a few jumps" you'll say guiltily - and replace her with shapely, yet slippery zp. And you'll jump it.

We all know what will happen then. You'll have to have the hot sweet new thing. You'll turn your back on your faithful Falcon, throw her over for some little zp tart.

So don't lie to us, Snowbird. We know better.

;):D:ph34r:

You'll have to have the hot sweet new thing. You'll turn your back on your faithful Falcon, throw her over for some little zp tart.

Hey hey, sometimes a jumper and her canopy grow apart. Maybe they have different needs.

Like, I need to jump a sweet l'il ZP.

Anyway, my trusty PD 170 will always have a place in my house. Mainly because I'll never be able to sell it.

:P
Skydiving is for cool people only

>Uhmm, since my husband might object, she won't be in bed with us.

Snowbird! Didn't anyone tell you? No canopy is safe until you've had sex on it! Preferably in the pea pit, but anywhere will do in a pinch.

This is a longstanding tradition where I'm from...show her some love (and do be careful she doesn't get sticky), and she'll treat you well for a long time.

Amy

Snowbird! Didn't anyone tell you? No canopy is safe until you've had sex on it!

:$ Then who am I to mess with tradition?

We all know what will happen then. You'll have to have the hot sweet new thing. You'll turn your back on your faithful Falcon, throw her over for some little zp tart

Alas, my beauty is not a young chickie, and I may very well be her last companion. As for those zp tarts, my eyes may stray, but my heart will be with my beauty for a long, long time.
No matter what, she'll always be my First Love:)

Now I think I'll go and touch her again, maybe wear her around the house... I'm still in shock that I have her.

-Robert A. Heinlein