jfields

Favorite TV Channels

I lived for almost 4 years with no television. I liked not having a tv in my apartment. Then I got married and there is no way my wife was going without it. :S

I rarely watch tv now, and mostly it is while I am giving my daughter a bottle or trying to rock her to sleep. I don't watch any of the major networks, and don't particularly enjoy the news or sitcoms. When I do get sucked in, it is usually one of the following channels:

The History Channel
The Food Network
The Discovery Channel

What are your favorite TV channels?

As a non-DSTV subscriber in South Africa I have a choice between three channels - as operated by the SABC.
I choose to sit in a pub and drink beer with my friends over TV any day of the week. I grew up without it anyway. But I like watching the Discovery channel when I am with Dish-People.

--
ZZZzzzz....

My wife and I cancelled our cable years ago ... rather raise our children without it. We get a couple of channels off air. I enjoy Star Trek shows, and we watch Fraiser. IMHO, the best show out there is M*A*S*H*. Right now we are catching some of the Commonwealth Games on CBC.

Comedy Central

In the same week, I had 2 people tell me about "Crank Yankers", and then I read about it in People Magazine too. Are you a fan of that one? The guys who told me about it think it's hilarious, but I have yet to see it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can't afford cable, so i rarely watch TV at home. But when i'm at someone's house that does have cable, you'll have to drag me away from the tv and wrestle the remote outta my hand. B|

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I can't afford cable, so i rarely watch TV at home. But when i'm at someone's house that does have cable, you'll have to drag me away from the tv and wrestle the remote outta my hand. B|

...And that is no exaggeration :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

Right now we are catching some of the Commonwealth Games on CBC.

why on earth would you want to do that we all know the aussies are/will win:P i guess the second place biff between canada might be a little interesting, dont fell to bad though the poms came over to aus about a month ago for a game of rugby leauge and we beat them so badly they are considering cancelling all international games lol and dont even get me started on cricket lol

-----
he he current stats
australia G 30 S 25 B 23 T 78
England G 19 S 24 B 19 T 62
Canada G 15 S 16 B 23 T 54

we are so kicking everyone elses arses (i prefer the comonenwealth games more than the olympics no Us or Russia lol )

Discovery channel (rocks)
I got cable and soon discovered that I was actually leaving the dang tv turned to 1 channel 95% of the time (fox) and I could have gotten it without paying... go figure!
I'm just waiting for Survivor to come back on with the new location. Until then, the tv is just background noise for websurfing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"