Blinky

Why do we skydive?

I think its a little late to ask people on here why we skydive...It's just what we do. Maybe, why did we start, or why did we stay in the sport, would be more appropriate questions. I jump because the DZ is my home when I don't have to work. And work...that's the thing that pays for my trips to the DZ. It's a vicious circle I tell ya;)
I got nuthin

blinky, i think the question is very appropriate for you. why do YOU skydive? you are terrible man! why do you come to hinton? you can't skydive, you can't hack, you're a mutant. i went skydiving cos i was drunk and someone thought it was a good idea - so we paid for a static line jump - we weren't gonna back out after that - i am not wasting £120! then after that i forgot what i used to do at weekends and just carried on doing that. it is not as if it is a big rush or anything, the people are all boring etc etc. skreamer only skydives so that he can get an aerial view of the countryside to find out where most of the sheep are.

By now it is just a way of life for me. It is a wide open sport with many variations (disciplines) . . . lots to choose from. And, when things start getting a little mundane, a new discipline, rating, or equipment design comes along to make it exciting in a new and different way.
Arrive Safely

John

You haven't see the stumpy 'hand growing from armpit' freak thing he does??? I've seen it a couple of times now and it still weirds me out, but then again so does jumping with the lil fruitloop... :o

BTW quimby how far is your little bruv with his progression? When can Steve and I take him out for a little Cessna action? ;)

ahhh the cessna - happy days! he is a skygod. finished his AFF - he did levels 6&7 in one jump - they had to make up a new level for his last jump. he's been practicing the mantis position and doing leg turns on his consols. we shall have to have a 'welcome to A license' jump with him, and monkey with his world. he has 3 or 4 more consols to do - then BEER!
now that you are freefly guru, will you still jump with a lowly muppet like me?

we shall have to have a 'welcome to A license' jump with him, and monkey with his world.

How about we just get him drunk and kick the shit out of him? B|

As for jumping with you - the one thing that I learnt from doing all those jumps and getting all that coaching in Sweden is how truly shit I still am. So of course I'll still jump with you, you are the only freeflyer I know that is shitter than me... :P