spex

Removable Slider

I have about 150 jumps on my current canopy and the collapsible slider is just not cutting it for me.

Even tucked behind my head, it still obscures vision and doesn't seem to let the suspension lines fully open when I have fully loosened my chest strap.

Does anyone offer a removable slider without the lanyard for d-bag/pilot chute retrieval? I'm not looking for a full RDS.

I will be talking to my rigger this weekend as well.

spex

Does anyone offer a removable slider without the lanyard for d-bag/pilot chute retrieval? I'm not looking for a full RDS.

Yes, there are several suppliers (depending on what canopy you have).

Search in classifieds or for "removable slider" right here in the forums.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Do a search in the canopy control forum. There are like then threads on it. Just off the top of my head, I'll list three sources:

-Joe Bennett at Skydive Monroe makes most of mine. He's been making them for nine years and they are great.
-Rob Wardell, the rigger at Raeford Parachute Center in NC makes a "Joe Bennet style" removable. He copied one of Joe's and made one slight improvement.
-"Look Ma" rigging makes an almost identical one as well. He spends almost all winter at Skydive City in Z-hills, but I believe he sells them online as well. I'm too lazy to look.

I've got removable sliders on all my rigs and have been jumping them since 2003.

Chuck

PD makes one - The Fatory Team uses it.

UPT sells one made by Scott Roberts.

Both are very good. I use one and love it.

As mentioned above the lanyard for the the D-bag and p/c does not need to be attached so only the slider removes.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

spex

Even tucked behind my head, it still obscures vision and doesn't seem to let the suspension lines fully open when I have fully loosened my chest strap.

To me, it's a perfectly solid logic. Your knowledge is your limit.
Slider is a great invention, it saves lives... until it gets down the lines, becoming nothing but a pure nuisance.
What goes around, comes later.