scottymccomas

Freefly Suits

Before you say it, I already searched this and read most of the posts relating to the topic.

So I'm looking at buying my first freefly suit. Any recommendations? I really like the look of tonfly and vertical suits, but would one of those be too advanced for a novice freeflyer? I know liquid sky is great but their lead time is too long for me to consider them, so please dont recommend them.

Thanks!
Its Monday, Ill ask the same question at the DZ on Saturday. When I'm there...

Are you aware that LiquidSky just recently cut their lead time in half?

I have nothing but good things to say about them, absolutely love my suit!
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Being around a large dropzone I have seen more brands than I can count on my fingers and toes. There are some factors to look at, but in the end its flying pure or with drag and which one is good for the buck.

Depends if you want a tighter fit, looser fit, cheap Pittz, liquid mainstream, skyleno, tonfly, uno, etc. There are a bunch out there and everyone with a "sponsorship" will swear by theirs. F the brandname. Give me a fast lead time, regular fit, and decent price.

scottymccomas

so please dont recommend them.

This is difficult because you will find a lot of people love their liquidsky suit, and would be willing to invest in the product regardless of the wait time, this includes myself. Wait time doesn't matter when the product style and build quality are worth it.

I have a liquid sky and a Tonfly 618, the tonfly I would not recommend for a novice, plus I waited a hefty lead time. There are a bunch of different suit manufacturers out there with reasonable lead times but if you have already narrowed it down to tonfly or vertical, then I would suggest look more into vertical, which is a great brand and many people I know are happy with their suits.

Regardless of what kind of suit you get, make sure you choose the correct fit and take proper measurements...twice, just to double check.

scottymccomas

Before you say it, I already searched this and read most of the posts relating to the topic.

So I'm looking at buying my first freefly suit. Any recommendations? I really like the look of tonfly and vertical suits, but would one of those be too advanced for a novice freeflyer? I know liquid sky is great but their lead time is too long for me to consider them, so please dont recommend them.

Thanks!

Which Verical suit or Tonfly suit. they both make more than one design. are you looking at doing VFS or general freefly. are you tall and thin or short and hefty or something else..

Here's a thought, why not ask around at a place where you might actually see someone flying a suit, umm like a DZ or wind tunnel.
Find the guy who is freeflying in shorts and a t shirt with all the other guys who are wearing the $800 suits and ask him what you should get.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: he can probably fly his body and might have a better idea:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

FWIW I fly one of the $800 suits so dont ask me (Vertical Raptor):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?