FFAddict

Stills set up with go pro

I have an old cookie mxv cam helmet with a liquid flatlock. I have been using the flat lock for stills and a side mount video but im finally joining the gopro crowd for video and have a mounting question.

If i still want to use the flatlock for stills whats the best way to mount the go pro?

A side mount either sticks out too far or i have to turn the gopro side on which will give bad video... Ideally i would mount it just below the stills lens but the flat lock just doesnt give enough clearence to fit it in

Would love to see how the rest of you are getting around this

maybe you get a mount similiar to this http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/gopro-low-pro-mount

Mount it towards the bottom lip of your helmet infront of your lens. Turn the gopro upside down. I did it on my optik helmet and it worked. I have a picture of it somewhere i think

Using the alloy mount for the GoPro positioned as low on the front as you can get it is low enough so it doesn't show up in the stills.
Will up load a photo of my set up tonight.
Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

jono

***Will up load a photo of my set up tonight.

I used that same setup until I changed the 18-55 mm lens to a 10-22 and the go pro couldn't fit under the lens

attached mine now. picture not the greatest, go pro flipped upside down. Mount the low profile mount a little below your camera lens, add the extender mount.

People out here have been taking the GoPro chest mount and removing the straps.
Then you just drill holes and use screws, or rivet the chest plate to the front of the helmet.
It works very well, you can get it really low and out of the way.

Make sure your DZs editing software can handle GoPro video files.