Spinelli

Stolen Mirage G3, red white blue, purple sides and pink lettering

Hey, I'm hoping somebody can help me. My dad had his rig stolen from him by a rigger/tandem master. It's Mirage G3 red white and blue main panels with purple side panels and pink lettering. The main is a Saber 2 190 with a PD reserve. It has a POPS number on the left upper ring cover.

Apparently an Army Explosives expert purchased the rig in Iowa or Chicago and I doubt he has any idea it's stolen.

As a military member myself I really don't want him getting caught with stolen gear. If anybody sees that rig, it's pretty unique for a guy, please have him contact me so I can keep him out of trouble.

My dad is looking for a picture of his rig. I will get his POPS number and serial numbers of all the stuff.

I'm not sure how my number of posts reflects on my credibility, as I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I can address that for you if you like.

First, I've been in the skydiving community since 1996 and actively since 1998, so about as long as you have. Maybe not as many jumps, but that's not relevant. I am a higher ranking member of the United States Air Force with 24 years of service. I have rushed to the side of many skydivers after hard landing, providing IV's, oxygen, and keeping them from further paralyzing themselves. Enough of them in fact that the local ER was going to make sure I had all the supplies I needed at the DZ. I have walked through many a fields well into the night looking for lost gear and driven through some rough terrain to get skydivers that landed really far off.
I have never once screwed over my skydiving cohorts, and I always paid my bills for jumps, rigging, and gear.
I have always tried helping new kids starting out and trying to help them be safe for themselves and the rest of us. And I have bailed skydivers out of jail on occasion.

So I'm not really worried about my credibility, I'm pretty good there.

I really don't even care about the rigger who screwed me over that much. God and/or law enforcement can deal with him. I'm really trying to protect the people who are peripherally involved to avoid unnecessary attention being paid to them, namely the fellow member of the Armed Services I previously mentioned, and the two dropzones that will have law enforcement crawling around, Chicagoland and Paradise Skydiving. I have talked to both places and they have been trying to help. I have been in the sport long enough to know that you do not want cops nosing around a dropzone. It's bad for business and not good for skydivers.

I hope that helps, as I couldn't tell from your post if you were trying to help me or just harass somebody you don't know.

I met Terri and Greg in 1998 in Sullivan MO when she and Greg called that their home dropzone. I've jumped with both her and Greg in the past and I did contact her, among others, in an attempt to get in touch with Greg.

I would like to add, that I'm really not trying to take the rig from the unwitting person who has it necessarily. I'm guessing the guy put a cypress in it and has a good deal of money invested in it currently, I'd just like to talk to him and figure something out. My dad was tickled another military guy got the rig, but unhappy he was taken advantage of by somebody he had known for over a decade.

Maybe your dad should file a police report or a civil suit against Greg. Terri (lopullterri) has had several rant against Greg deleted in these forums that had to do with this rig. She seemed to know where Greg was (IIRC she was claiming that the DZ he was at was "protecting him")

Anyway... I hope this works out fairly for everyone, but I doubt that you're going to get a lot of love around here if you appear to just be taking over where Terri left off.
Owned by Remi #?

I can assure you that is not my intention. Not much of a ranter as you can tell by the limited number of posts I have. I have been trying to avoid getting Greg in legal trouble, and have been trying to work it out without legal intervention. As I said I'm not worried about him much anymore, just trying to protect those I can. I like the skydiving community and this issue isn't a reflection on them or the mentioned dropzones.

Spinelli

I can assure you that is not my intention. Not much of a ranter as you can tell by the limited number of posts I have. I have been trying to avoid getting Greg in legal trouble, and have been trying to work it out without legal intervention. As I said I'm not worried about him much anymore, just trying to protect those I can. I like the skydiving community and this issue isn't a reflection on them or the mentioned dropzones.

I wasn't trying to question your credibility, just letting you know how many people may perceive the post.

As far as this thieving rigger - let them burn. The buyer won't get in trouble if they didn't know they were purchasing stolen goods.

As far as this thieving rigger - let them burn. The buyer won't get in trouble if they didn't know they were purchasing stolen goods.

Depends on how you define "in trouble"

In some cases, a person who purchases stolen goods *can* be held legally accountable. In the best case, they lose the goods and forfeit their investment.

The OP doesn't want to take the gear away from the purchaser, they just want to "talk about options"

WTF does that even mean?

So far, the injured party (the OPs dad) hasn't appeared to have made a compliant or filed a charge or asked for anything.

So far, we have one side of what appears to be someone engaged in a post relationship grudge just stirring shit.
Owned by Remi #?

UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE
Congressional Code of Military Criminal Law applicable to all military members worldwide.

STOLEN PROPERTY: Investigation had disclosed that on or about (date) at (location) you (received, bought, or concealed) stolen property, to wit: (describe property).

"talk about options" I honestly have no idea, my dad is pretty relaxed. Maybe he just wants the Army guy to take him out and blow something up in exchange for the rig, who knows, he surprises me a bunch. He is filing a report, has the pic so I will post it, and serial numbers etc.

Either way he doesnt have an account on here so I'll have him make one and chime in, but what's wrong with a son helping out his dad.

As for "we have one side of what appears to be someone engaged in a post relationship grudge just stirring shit"

Greg and I weren't lovers or anything. He was my rigger and a friend I thought for about 15 years. Honestly I think he just lost it after his divorce, so I was trying to cut him some slack, but it's become ridiculous, so I thought I'd go to my peers.
As I said I'm done worrying about Greg, I just want to help my dad and avoid UCMJ action on anybody. I'm actually the one trying to help here not stir any crap. I just asked for help and you are being antagonistic for really no reason that I can tell, unless you and the aforementioned rigger have a "relationship".

Post relationship grudge? There is no Post Relationship grudge...it has yet to reach Post Relationship status because Greg has failed to comply with the divorce decree. I get collection calls on a regualr basis for him and NOW I heard from Chris about the rig. He was trying to find Greg becasue he was getting no response so he contacted me. Was I supposed to say, "Not my problem?" I was the one who used to take care of all the business end of the rigging and I was the one who did the gear sales. Poor Chris had no idea that Greg could not be trusted. Greg stole from me even while we were married, from my sons and had a rented mailbox to hide all his purchases and Credit Cards and other accounts. Chris is not the first person who has had a dishonest experince with Greg as a rigger...they just won't post on here because of people like you.

The only thing that Chris has stated, that is not accurate is that Greg lost it after his divorce. Greg actually lost it a couple years BEFORE his divorce and finally made his move after I started to find out all the lies and the hiding of facts. Once I started to ask questions he became very secretive and the lying escalated...or I just noticed it more.

Either you know Greg...or you must have a bone to pick with divorced women in general, because to attack Chris or me (people you don't even know) seems a little unusual to me.

Rants about Greg? They will stop when he mans up and complies with a divorce decree and / or I stop getting his collection calls or finding out that he lied, cheated or stole from a friend of many years.

To Chris. I apologize for what has happened to your father. And to the other three people who I have been made aware of the dishonest rigging practices...I apologize to you also. I spent years promoting Greg as a great rigger and myself as honest and fair in gear sales. I wish I could have warned you all when Greg screwed me over, but as you can see...people like labrys crawl out of the woodwork and make accusations and then threads get deleted, protecting the guilty.
~"I am not afraid. I was born to do this"~

people like labrys crawl out of the woodwork and make accusations and then threads get deleted, protecting the guilty.

Ummm... I didn't comment on any of the posts that got deleted and I don't know any of you people. Honestly though, I have every right to comment on a public forum if I think that something smells funny. :S
Owned by Remi #?

Correct. You do have that right, however it muddies the waters when you appear to have a bias and point out untruths such as "Post Relationship Grudge".

This is about helping a fellow skydiver (and two really nice guys) recover SOMETHING. I stand by what I have said previously...peer pressure. If the guy who bought the rig would contact Greg (and if it is who I think it is, Greg stated inthe past that they are friends...he follows Greg on twitter and is in his google circle of friends)...if the purchaser would apply peer pressure, it may be enough to cause Greg to pay up.

Ok. to de escalate this a bit. It would be nice if Mr. Poston could just call me or my dad. Simple as that.

So if you do know him, or you are him, a phone call would save a lot of typing on this site where more important matters need to be discussed.

Spinelli

Hey, I'm hoping somebody can help me. My dad had his rig stolen from him by a rigger/tandem master. It's Mirage G3 red white and blue main panels with purple side panels and pink lettering. The main is a Saber 2 190 with a PD reserve. It has a POPS number on the left upper ring cover.

Apparently an Army Explosives expert purchased the rig in Iowa or Chicago and I doubt he has any idea it's stolen.

As a military member myself I really don't want him getting caught with stolen gear. If anybody sees that rig, it's pretty unique for a guy, please have him contact me so I can keep him out of trouble.

Ok,...
You started off saying something was stolen,

Is it fuckin stolen or not?

Post the dammn numbers so that we can put it on the lookout list...

Quite frankly at this point, you can call each manufacturer and parachutest yourself...

This does not belong in this section, other than you have gotten Kelly in a tizzy, nicest person here if ya ask me, and wasted some peoples time that actually want to do something to help.

Other than that I really want to make some sort of sarchastic comment that is only going to get me in more trouble than I am already....

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

So far, we have one side of what appears to be someone engaged in a post relationship grudge just stirring shit.

Why is Kelly in a tizzy? Because an unfounded and irrelevant accusation was made?
Why doesn't this belong here? If you knew the rigger or jumped with him, wouldn't you want warning? This is Gear & Rigging.
Why so angry? Unless you have something relevant to the question at hand, why even post here? I believe that some people consider this theft and some believe it is a breach of contract. Personally, since the money has been owed for over a year...the rigger stated that he had it and then stopped answering his phone...I believe it is theft.

Please...Help these guys out instead of helping a thief by getting nasty about a subject you know nothing about, and causing this to be deleted and (once again) protecting a thief.

You are absolutely right. I have no right whatsoever to put words into user: "Labrys"'s mouth (aka: Kelly)

Using the phrase Tizzy was clearly inappropriate, and for that I do apologize.

I saw another human being wanting to help. That's all, as do many here, that just want to help. Please PM me with the name of this rigger so that I can at least be aware of this individual if and when I travel to your area in the future or if this guy moves.

I certainly don't want any of this deleted and I do in fact want to be able to help you catch a thief. If there is more that I can do please let me know!

C

I'm not angry, I have spent a big part of my life being trained to deliver short to the point messages and sometimes this email and forum type stuff, well it's just hard sometimes....

I'm trying to not sound angry, I suppose in time I'll get better at this but for the time being I'm not mad or angry at anyone , except my ex wife....:S

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Ok so see attached pics of the rig, it's a side view so not the best, but shows the purple and pink lettering and where the POPS number is on upper left. the POPS number is 8565

Saber 2 serial number is #SA190001388, its a 190
PD reserve is # 176R-025018, obviously a 176

And yes it is very much stolen.