gale

Snubbed by "my friends"

My DZO said they need 8 to make money on a load, but I've been on smaller loads than that. We've never had to break out the Cessna while I was there (I actually want to jump it). I don't think I'd want to jump regularly at a DZ with a single Cessna...of course, if that was my only option, I'd do it.

Gale, I'm feeling it for ya. I'm a solo jumper at a single Cessna dz, and have waited for HOURS to get on a load. Especially if there are new students/tandems in queue. I've become the squeaky wheel. I had one day when I was still a student, I arrived by 10:30 and waited for the tandems ahead of me. Then a wind came up and I was grounded. Then the weather finally cleared around 6pm, I got manifested with my instructor, and... no other jumpers wanted to go up. They'd been jumping all day despite the wind, and were done for the day. I finally walked out on the patio and loudly said, "Someone MUST get on this load! There's a beer for you if you do!"

Worked like a charm.:D

So far I've had no trouble getting on loads as a solo jumper. I make a convenient load-filler.;)

It'll all even out, just hang tough. And take special glee when you get to bump one of them.:D

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein