quade

Friends don't let friends . . .

This is so stupid. So next time I am drinking with my neighbor, or I am at a bar, or at a party, or anywhere where there is drinking, I have to make sure that no one freakin' leaves, or it's my ass if someone gets hurt. WTF?!?!?
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

The question is how much responsability as an individual do want to take?

And how much responsability others wish to impose upon you.

I grew up in the restaurant business. I even ran one of my mothers places for four years. I kept an eye on my customers and took the responsability of making sure they got home safely if they indulged a little too much.

I am not saying I agree with the case at hand, that someone should receive penalties this stiff for being a bit ignorant. But i do agree that we all should keep an eye on eachother. Especially friends.

If you have never recieved a call in the middle of the night from a friend (drunk or not) who needed to be bailed out of some sort of situation and taken care of (even changed them out of their clothes and tucked into bed ) then you don't have true friends. I have done so and others have done so for me. A lot of skydivers I know are pretty selfless like that. Help a brother out in need..............B|

I suck at being serious so i am out.........

Very interesting interesting discussion ... just where is the line between moral responsibility, and legal responsibilty? If the friend had not returned the drunk to the vehicle he obviously intended to drive, a life would not have been lost... I think both parties share responsibilty.

Its always good to have someone sober to drive but.....it is the person's responsability to take care of themselves. If they do foolish things I don't think the person that drove them home or took care of them is required to take care of the individual! Thats the world of drinking anyway.

ok how bout another way

(short back story) i went to a party after work (so it was nearly over) a person i knew there got all upset and wanted to go home, so she was going to catch a train and walk home atabout 1/2 in the morn , she told me an a mate this,we said she couldnt cause it was a 5km walk to the station a 1/2 hr train ride on a dangerous line and the a 15km walk home through a bad area (and it was a sat night soi lots of drunks) she was also a small 17 yr old. now as i was aware(and informed her that for her to do this there was a great risk of her getting raped robbed or killed, should i be held liably if something did happen, i knew (and acnowledged) it was dangerous, she was drunk , i was sober , and i had a car and licence, so i could of dropped her of or atleast called her parents

so am should i be responsible if something happened, i had the means to help but why should i i had just finished a 10hr shift and was buggered and was looking foward to a party and seeing my friends and it wasnt me she fought with

so opinions???