skyfreemonic

SKYDIVERS ARE GETTING SCAMMED WITH FALSE INFORMATION TO BUY RIGS

PAY ATENTION !!!! TAKE A TIME AND READ THIS IS IMPORTANT , IT SEEMS SKYDIVERS ARE GETTING SCAMMED WITH FALSE INFORMATION TO BUY RIGS : "hey guys. long story short I bought a rig of a new Yorker and its been a month and just keeps giving me excuses why he can't send it. Can you guys ask if they have heard of a skydiver by the name of Yakir Samif ...he Is Swiss but lives in NYC...I need to find out if he is genuine ! thanks heaps guys" Cameron Dribbus. AND ANOTHER !!! "I saw an ad for a new Optimum 126 on dz.com. The user name was Yakirtosh. This account was held by Yakir Saraf. He said the canopy was still in production and would be shipped to me instead if I bought it. I asked for proof of purchase. He sent me an invoice from The Ranch Pro Shop. I emailed Sonic at the Pro Shop (Kamuran Bayrasli). He said not only had the canopy been sold already but that Yakir had actually changed it to an OP143 and sold it to someone else. I asked about this and Yakir said it was the wrong invoice. This seemed like an obvious lie but I went with it to see what sort of magical bullshit laden journey he would take me on. He then said he was in Europe travelling and didn't have the invoice and would get a friend to retrieve it. He emailed me later telling me his friend was skydiving in Hawaii and was unable to produce the invoice.... I thought about getting in touch with Skydive Hawaii but I knew it was a scam long before then and Yakir must've felt I was getting suspicious as he removed the ad from dz.com. He then later posted another ad for an OP143 which I contacted dz.com immediately about and notified them of my belief it was a scam. I have the invoice which he sent me originally with his address on it.." from CAT another Aussie skydiver .....IT SEEMS THIS GUY IS TAKING ADVANTAGE WE TRUST IN EACH OTHER TO MAKE HIS BUSSINESS, PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION LET US KNOW Cameron Dribbus

I too keep getting scammed by people who seem legit on here. I am currently awaiting a refund from Paypal for a reserve that doesn't exist. I even told Meso and nothing was done to show it as a scam. I take full responsibility for my gullibility. It would be nice if a profile or something was necessary before posting in the classifieds. I've heard all the reasons why it isn't feasible in order to keep it all free. But it is getting out of hand. Seems like 1 for every 5 listings are scams.

And what is with you guys wasting so much time policing the forum about where this and that should be. Get a life outside the door! WTF.

I'm going to the DZ now! :) .........

You sniveling about it online over and over again isn't going to change anything. Just stop.

Sure it will (did/has). I just read this entire string, and taking measures to help assure people see this, and potentially get saved from being scammed, if this truly is (as it seems to be), is a positive affect.

I for one anyway - again, have now read THIS entire thread. However, I have not seen anywhere - nor am I aware of at all - all his "cross-posts" YOU seem so all panty-wad butt-hurt about. So THIS post here/this thread, has at least helped ME.

FWIW.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I'm not saying that the scammer doesn't need to be stopped. I'm just tired of this guy's approach to it. He goes on with a bunch of different usernames telling the same story. We heard it the first time.

I also had a scammer this weekend. He was better than any of the scammers I've seen yet. Not great but still a step up. I'll post it... once.

I fully agree that these should be made known and that folks should go pay a friendly visit to any scammers in person. My point here is that this guy and all of his aliases should not clog up the system with redundant posts.

jsnrsnlt

Hey dude Im not the same guy as above. If you check out the facebook gear sales groups or the iloveskydiving fb page you would see that the same guy scammed several people

PhreeZone

This was posted from different people and not a single user creating new ID's.

One whose username is "dribbus" and the other who signed their post "Cameron Dribbus"?

I suspect your check-up system (IP addresses?) is failing you.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Or he did one from home and one from work!

DocPop

***This was posted from different people and not a single user creating new ID's.

One whose username is "dribbus" and the other who signed their post "Cameron Dribbus"?

parkair

I too keep getting scammed by people who seem legit on here. I am currently awaiting a refund from Paypal for a reserve that doesn't exist. I even told Meso and nothing was done to show it as a scam. I take full responsibility for my gullibility. It would be nice if a profile or something was necessary before posting in the classifieds. I've heard all the reasons why it isn't feasible in order to keep it all free. But it is getting out of hand. Seems like 1 for every 5 listings are scams.

And what is with you guys wasting so much time policing the forum about where this and that should be. Get a life outside the door! WTF.

I'm going to the DZ now! :) .........

This is a free to sign-up, internet site....

If that all the checking people do is see if people seem legit on dz.com then I've limited sympathy when they get scammed. :S

It's not difficult. Ask for the name of the DZ where someone jumps, then call the office and ask for a reference.
Sending money before doing that is just stupid.

dz.com isn't a dropzone. It's an internet site. People need to realize that.

parkair

It would be nice if a profile or something was necessary before posting in the classifieds.

you do need a profile to post items and contact sellers, you just don't need to fill the profile out. when you check out their profile, look in the upper right hand corner and it tells you the date the profile was registered. if it was registered 3 days ago you may want to be slightly more cautious. if it was registered 5 years ago i really doubt a scam has been being prepped for that long.

PAY ATTENTION!!!! TAKE TIME TO READ THIS, THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

BUY YOUR SHIT FROM CHUTINGSTAR OR PARAGEAR!!!!
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

PAY ATTENTION!!!! TAKE TIME TO READ THIS, THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

BUY YOUR SHIT FROM CHUTINGSTAR OR PARAGEAR!!!!

I almost bought a misrepresented used rig from chutingstar. Good thing I emailed UPT with the serial number, would have ended up spending four grand on something that would not fit me at all...

Always do your due diligence. Even reputable vendors can get sloppy with information.

DocPop

***This was posted from different people and not a single user creating new ID's.

He also goes by the name Monica Vasquez Burrier.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Expressinkasso

Hi guys. Very important information. We look for the same guy in Switzerland too. A lot of unpaid bills (t)here. Has somebody more informations? address, phone e.g. within the US? Many thanks in advance!

See for nickname "yakirtosh" with google!B|

His profile here still states SDAZ as his DZ, and he does not look familiar.
Remster

Croc

NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM SQUARE ONE!!!!

SHOULD I????

I BOUGHT A COUPLE SMALL THINGS FROM THEM, AND A FRIEND BOUGHT A USED CANOPY FROM THEM. NO PROBLEMS.
THEY ALSO HAVE A DECENT REPUTATION, FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD.

Why are we shouting? :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo