vandev

What up with L&B? Customer service is Sh##t..

ILUVCHUTERS

But then he wrote this:

"I have emailed them 4 times over the last 2 weeks without a response to buy something and ask a question about my protrack... If i cant even get a response"

So... that's why I was wondering if he had the email address wrong.

I understand, but perhaps "emailed" meant using their website/reply system.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

the webform for L&B goes to [email protected] which is the general email account. We use a webform as to cut down spam & email harvesting.

When an email is received at [email protected], it is distributed to the area of specialty: i.e software related, repairs, general questions, etc. That department head then will reply to the customer.

Here are some thing to keep in mind while contacting L&B:
- L&B is in Roskilde, Denmark, a small town outside of Copenhagen.
- L&B is a small privately owned company with about 10 employees.
- Normal business hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm and Friday 8am-2pm. Closed weekends
- Factory tours are available by appointment only.
- Emails are responded to within 24 hours on business days - worldwide timezones may affect this response time.

In regards to email contact:
- Our employees strive to maintain a high level of Customer Service, please be descriptive and detailed in your email so we can better serve you and respond appropriately.
- Being rude, offensive or vulgar will not expedite the service received.
- Treat us as you would like to be treated.
- We are multilingual to the best of our abilities but please try to write your emails in the simplest terms so your points are not interpreted falsely.

From the L&B Team

GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

vandev

It seems that today the only way to get peoples attention..is to rant...I am not a ranter but trying to get a quick response. I have emailed them 4 times over the last 2 weeks without a response to buy something and ask a question about my protrack... If i cant even get a response..well, thats just poor customer service..You should notice they have no email address listed only a automated messaging system.. Pretty poor... And no US number..

Throwing a tantrum to get attention is what children do. Perhaps L&B have no time for children in an adult sport?

DSE

calling their product "almost obsolete"

I bought a used protrack that's gotta be at least 10 years old. Bulky, buttons are well worn and its still the most reliable freefall speed reading I can get. The logbook and audible altitude warnings function without fault. Its a great device.

I have resolved my issue and Steffen has been more than stellar about the hole situation. I have gotten everything i need and he was more than happy to get my issues resolved. Now... very good customer service. The issue lies that there automated email system is...well they need to find out what happened. I sent 6 emails it said i sent 1 so something is not working. Anyway problem solved and i apologized if they took anything the wrong way..

C.

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

I've been using L&B products all my sky diving career, going on 4 years now. I have NEVER had any problem with their service, some with their products, but I sent it to them and PRESTO! Got it back in shore order. These guys are the best. Maybe you should keep a civil tongue in your mouth, you may well be treated just a little better. I think you owe these people a public apology.

rwieder

I've been using L&B products all my sky diving career, going on 4 years now. I have NEVER had any problem with their service, some with their products, but I sent it to them and PRESTO! Got it back in shore order. These guys are the best. Maybe you should keep a civil tongue in your mouth, you may well be treated just a little better. I think you owe these people a public apology.

Give the dude a break...he had a bad experience and no company can get it right 100% of the time. Sure they can get it 99% right but it only takes a few to tarnish a reputation.

GooniesKid

***I've been using L&B products all my sky diving career, going on 4 years now. I have NEVER had any problem with their service, some with their products, but I sent it to them and PRESTO! Got it back in shore order. These guys are the best. Maybe you should keep a civil tongue in your mouth, you may well be treated just a little better. I think you owe these people a public apology.

Give the dude a break...he had a bad experience and no company can get it right 100% of the time. Sure they can get it 99% right but it only takes a few to tarnish a reputation.

I cant even phantom for a moment in today's economy ..non the less europe's for sh%t economy , that you cant even get a response for a simple question from someone trying to pedal equipment that is almost obsolete. As you can tell i am pretty amazed at the lack of good will and lack of reaching out to help someone paying there wages.. It's ridicules...Does anyone know where i can get support for a Protrack?

d00d didn't have a bad experience...he had NO experience.

I can't FATHOM why he'd go off 1/2 cocked... ridiculous as it may seem, he did nonetheless ~ you would think someone demanding perfection from others would at least hit spell check! :D:D:D

He takes a holier than thou & insults the people, the product, the service & support...and he hadn't even fuckin' TALKED to anyone!

For all the world knows 'd00d' has horseshit spelling AND computer skills...but he see fit to publicly bash a good company because HE couldn't contact them?

'd00d' didn't give any breaks...doesn't GET any breaks :P:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Given the hundreds of glowing reviews I've seen about L&B I'm inclined to suspect that you're part of the problem.

My thoughts exactly...some people can never be satisfied and approach things in the complete wrong way.

Also, keep in mind that companies who sell electronics typically give no more than a 90 day warranty on workmanship. Contacting them about a 10? year old device....they have no obligation to you, and anything they offer would simply be out of pure courtesy.

Sounds like someone isn't getting the candy from their mommy, so they thought coming on DZ.com to pout would make them feel better. You'll be VERY hard pressed to find anyone who dislikes L&B here.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Anyway problem solved and i apologized if they took anything the wrong way..

We took it exactly the way you wanted us to take it. In your fantasies your rant would have turned all skydivers against L&B forcing them to close their doors forever. What you didn't count on was the fact that many, many times L&B has gone above and beyond, I'm certain placing customer satisfaction over profits.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I wasn't addressing you. And I don't need your mouth. Here, or anywhere else. Thank you.

Best-
Richard

rwieder

I wasn't addressing you. And I don't need your mouth. Here, or anywhere else. Thank you.

Best-
Richard

Geez. Ok.
*joker voice* A little fight in you..I like that:)

Last week a customer of me his Optima I don't work anymore, even with new batteries the screen stay blank.
I contacted L&B to send it in for inspection and repair, Mads Larsen send me a mail with "No" problem.
Today I receive a brand new Optima II.
This is what I call "Customer Service"

I'm in complete agreement. I bought a used protrack and it just needed some new batteries. I purchased a pack from Chutingstar to replace. Upon opening the door I saw one of the little golden springs were missing.

I emailed L&B to see if I could purchase a pack of new springs from one of their dealers because I could not find any. The replied asking me for my mailing address and they would send me a new spring at no charge.

A week later I got a new battery door, 2 new springs and screws, and a pack of new batteries.

To say "thanks" I purchased a Viso 2 from them as my new Alti. Great customer service and great products!
Turn to the storm and say, "Give your worst, and I shall give my best."

Just emailed them last night to see if they can fix my Viso II. I crashed and burned yesterday and cracked the screen, lost all visual reference but it beeps... :) Hoping to get it repaired for a nomimal price.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson