vandev

What up with L&B? Customer service is Sh##t..

I cant even phantom for a moment in today's economy ..non the less europe's for sh%t economy , that you cant even get a response for a simple question from someone trying to pedal equipment that is almost obsolete. As you can tell i am pretty amazed at the lack of good will and lack of reaching out to help someone paying there wages.. It's ridicules...Does anyone know where i can get support for a Protrack?

Thanks , C.

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

vandev

I cant even phantom for a moment in today's economy ..non the less europe's for sh%t economy , that you cant even get a response for a simple question from someone trying to pedal equipment that is almost obsolete. As you can tell i am pretty amazed at the lack of good will and lack of reaching out to help someone paying there wages.. It's ridicules...Does anyone know where i can get support for a Protrack?

Thanks , C.

That's odd..i thought i was the only one that thinks L&B have crap customer service.
My story: had an Altitrack, was not zero'ing to my current location, and I sent an inquiry to L&B to see what to do or if they can take it back for a diagnosis and/or repair...low and behold, they never got back to me.

Any L&B representatives on dropzone.com want to comment to save your reputation?

I've had great luck with them as have hundreds of other skydivers. I wouldn't exactly specify a need to "save" their reputation as in general they do have a really good track record and reputation. Simple fact of the matter is that not all customers can be satisfied no matter what a company does.

-Michael

vandev

Thanks , C.

If the way you phrase your post is similar to the way you ask for customer support then I'm not surprised if you're not first in the queue for answers... :S

As a general rule, L&B have a reputation for outstanding customer service. Given the hundreds of glowing reviews I've seen about L&B I'm inclined to suspect that you're part of the problem.

yoink

***I cant even phantom for a moment in today's economy ..non the less europe's for sh%t economy , that you cant even get a response for a simple question from someone trying to pedal equipment that is almost obsolete. As you can tell i am pretty amazed at the lack of good will and lack of reaching out to help someone paying there wages.. It's ridicules...Does anyone know where i can get support for a Protrack?

Thanks , C.

If the way you phrase your post is similar to the way you ask for customer support then I'm not surprised if you're not first in the queue for answers... :S

As a general rule, L&B have a reputation for outstanding customer service. Given the hundreds of glowing reviews I've seen about L&B I'm inclined to suspect that you're part of the problem.

It seems that for a long time L&B backed their products way beyond normal expectations. There seemed to be no limit to the willingness of L&B to replace things no matter the problem or how old it was. Lately, there have been several that have related their experience being much different.

Their stellar service made for very loyal customers. That kind of service should no longer be expected.

It doesn't surprise me that their policies are now more realistic, but what are the details of your trouble (directed to the OP)?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I recall another "L&B poor customer service" thread a while back, and seem to remember that the person there had a problem with a ProTrack and was told it wouldn't be supported outside warranty period.

Maybe their poor customer service is linked soley to ProTracks?
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I recall another "L&B poor customer service" thread a while back, and seem to remember that the person there had a problem with a ProTrack and was told it wouldn't be supported outside warranty period.

Maybe their poor customer service is linked soley to ProTracks?

That thread was a guy who bought a very old, used ProTrack, and was told that it would not be supported, then he pushed the issue, and they agreed to have a look at it with no promises. Turned out they were right, they could not support it.

As far as the two complaints in this thread, they are way too vague to be credible as of yet. All we know for sure is that they each sent a single email, and that's it. Any sort of technical hang-up at various levels can cause an email to get bounced to junk mail, or just not make it all together.

If they had followed up with a phone call (or several) during regular business hours, and never got a person on the phone, or did and left a message that was never returned, that might be something, but I'm not about to hitch my wagon to two guys who sent an email and didn't get what they wanted from it.

The fact is that L&B has a great reputation, and after all, is a skydiving equipment company. They are not AT&T, and they don't have a staff of customer service agents waiting to handle your issues. It might take a little more effort on the part of the consumer than just shooting off an email. Truth be told, I have NEVER placed a phone call to a skydiving equipment company that didn't get to the bottom of my problem and end up in a nice conversation about jumping.

It isn't poor customer service related to any product, because it isn't poor customer service. Email sears, a company that has 1000x more resources than L&B, and start asking them questions about the 1982 built in Kenmore microwave that is in your apartment.

Every product has a life span, and when your outside of that lifespan it is the unreasonable to expect the manufacturer to continue to service, stock parts, and answer queries!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

It seems that today the only way to get peoples attention..is to rant...I am not a ranter but trying to get a quick response. I have emailed them 4 times over the last 2 weeks without a response to buy something and ask a question about my protrack... If i cant even get a response..well, thats just poor customer service..You should notice they have no email address listed only a automated messaging system.. Pretty poor... And no US number..

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

they agreed to have a look at it with no promises. Turned out they were right, they could not support it.

Since they still sell the ProTrack, it would seem natural that they could still support (service/fix) them, even if it was an old one. If the needed repair was so extensive/expensive that it didn't make sense to fix it, then I could understand, but then it wouldn't be right to say they can't "support" the product.

It used to be that L&B had a well deserved reputation for fixing/repairing things without any question, and apparently that is no longer the case. Again, that is reasonable, but everyone ought to know the new reality.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

sundevil777

they agreed to have a look at it with no promises. Turned out they were right, they could not support it.

Since they still sell the ProTrack, it would seem natural that they could still support (service/fix) them, even if it was an old one. If the needed repair was so extensive/expensive that it didn't make sense to fix it, then I could understand, but then it wouldn't be right to say they can't "support" the product.

It used to be that L&B had a well deserved reputation for fixing/repairing things without any question, and apparently that is no longer the case. Again, that is reasonable, but everyone ought to know the new reality.

That was back in the day when people stood behind something. Today you have to go on youtube and tell your story for them to stand behind there product. Crazy....

You should notice they have no email address listed

I have emailed them 4 times over the last 2 weeks

Interesting comments. Any chance you're using an incorrect email address?

You should notice they have no email address listed only a automated messaging system.. Pretty poor... And no US number..

Any chance they check the automated message system on a daily basis? I check my voicemail every day.

No US number? What a shocker from a company that's not based in the US!

Got a used altitrack, had questions, they answered the next day.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

I'd submit you're either being a bit aggressive in your request, or that you're using an incorrect address.
L&B has always had great customer care, and they've extended that care through their dealers as of late.
Ask nicely, and send the email to mads at the address you have above, you might get somewhere. Attacking the company in public, and calling their product "almost obsolete" isn't likely to help your cause, particularly if you're out of warranty.

I only read the first post in the forum, but I'm sure what I am about to say has been said already.

L&B has the EXCELLENT customer support. I had an old optima that broke in half for no apparent reason. I sent it in to them asking "can it be fixed and how much will it cost me to fix it." The email reply I got was "send your return address."

I sent my address to them and two weeks later I had a brand new Optima II in the mail NO CHARGE. This company BACKS their product 100% even when they should charge for repair/replacement. Hell this unit was probably 3-4 years old!

L&B is the best.
I am fucking your mom right now

vandev

It seems that today the only way to get peoples attention..is to rant...

ranting at people has never got me anything other than an increase in blood pressure.

When people rant at me I'm LESS inclined to help them... what about you?

So was it a bad email address you had.... ?

and what was your issue, and what did L&B say about it?

Given that once you had the right email address it took less than a day to get a reply maybe you might want to send them an apology...

(not directed at you, yoink, just a general reply)

I also have had great customer service from them. Bought an alti (an Optima II I believe) and the battery cacked out on me, I waited almost a year to finally try a new battery (had another alti I was using) and when I changed batteries, that one didn't work either. Emailed the company, had a response in less than a week, saying "send it in we'll take a look". I sent it over, they sent me a brand new one. No questions asked. Pretty awesome.

And that wasn't that long ago... last year, perhaps the year before?

So.. to the OP.. did you have the wrong email address this whole time?

So.. to the OP.. did you have the wrong email address this whole time?

From post #9 of this thread:

You should notice they have no email address listed only a automated messaging system

vandev

It seems that today the only way to get peoples attention..is to rant...I am not a ranter but trying to get a quick response. I have emailed them 4 times over the last 2 weeks without a response to buy something and ask a question about my protrack... If i cant even get a response..well, thats just poor customer service..You should notice they have no email address listed only a automated messaging system.. Pretty poor... And no US number..

I don't get on DZ.com all that often but since I've been working with/for L&B for 14 years, I can honestly say that they are probably the foremost examples of great customer service in our industry. On many occasions I have had conversations with other company employees, tour reps, owners and whatnot saying that they strive to emulate L&B in terms of their customer service.

Steffen is attempting to help Vandev with his IR port issue.
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."