scdrnr

Laser 250

Anyone have any experience jumping a Laser 250 at wingloadings between .7 and 1:1?

Any comparison in construction and flight characteristics vs a Raven 3 would be particularly helpful.

I am assembling a demo/flag rig and am trying to determine which would be a better option for the reserve. I already own both, am familiar with the Raven, but I noticed that the Laser is certified C23c Cat C 175kts vs the Ravens Cat B 150kts. So is it better/stronger?

I could test jump them myself, but if anyone out there has experience and a strong opinion one way or the other to share it would save me some hassle....

A laser reserve is the only Ram air reserve I've had fail a pull test. And it failed at about three pounds. Totally toast just like the rounds that failed during the acid mesh era.
This was a reserve that had not been mistreated.

Do a search and you'll find that they were made by two different sequential companies and owners.
I can't tell you which is better but it's not worth the risk.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

scdrnr

Anyone have any experience jumping a Laser 250 at wingloadings between .7 and 1:1?

Any comparison in construction and flight characteristics vs a Raven 3 would be particularly helpful.

I am assembling a demo/flag rig and am trying to determine which would be a better option for the reserve. I already own both, am familiar with the Raven, but I noticed that the Laser is certified C23c Cat C 175kts vs the Ravens Cat B 150kts. So is it better/stronger?

I could test jump them myself, but if anyone out there has experience and a strong opinion one way or the other to share it would save me some hassle....

My mind is a little bit foggy on this, but i thought once a raven was hooked up as a main and jumped it would void it as being a reserve canopy? Or, it might be legal if you have some sort test rig in which you could pack it into the reserve container and have a belly back up. I would check the manual and or call precision.