accur8shot

leg straps flapping...

Hey all -- looking for some advice.

When I tighten the leg straps on my rig, i have enough excess so that I can roll the excess straps once at the bottom and tuck them into the pockets, but they frequently come out and I feel them flapping against my legs in freefall. The friction adapter is good, and the rig is only a few years old.

Should I put a stow band on the leg straps to try to keep them in their pockets? Any other advice?

Thanks.

You can get elastic from a gear shop or rigger, or just use a large rubber band. What seems to work best for me is to fold and tuck the excess so that it lies nice and flat, then slide the elastic down as close to the leg strap pockets as possible.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

accur8shot

When I tighten the leg straps on my rig, i have enough excess so that I can roll the excess straps once at the bottom and tuck them into the pockets, but they frequently come out and I feel them flapping against my legs in freefall. The friction adapter is good, and the rig is only a few years old.

Should I put a stow band on the leg straps to try to keep them in their pockets? Any other advice?

Thanks.

LOL! at first I read "Leg Straps FAPPING".

But yes, i've used stow bands when that happens.

Look up "elastic keepers", item M635 in the paragear catalog. That is what is the standard item for doing that sort of thing on a leg strap or std width cheststrap. Paragear isn't the only place you can get them, and somebody at your dropzone might have some extras.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You wouldn't be the first person to end up tugging on the end of your leg strap instead of your pilot chute :)
I'm quite surprised to hear of a rig that doesn't have elastic keepers fitted - for me they're pretty fundamental. Of course, for them to be properly effective you have to slide them right down to the pocket opening once you've stowed your excess - something I regularly pick up in gear checks is people having them all the way up at the friction adapter, in which case I don't think they're really doing very much.

Just a word of caution if you're going to be fitting the keepers (or rubber bands) yourself - obviously it requires you to completely unfasten the straps, so take care to route them properly again afterwards ;).

accur8shot

Thanks.

Squats. Go heavy with few repetitions. Try to keep the reps between four and eight with as much weight as you can. Your legs will grow and you will not have to worry about excess strap anymore. :D
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

***Hey all -- looking for some advice.

Thanks.

Squats. Go heavy with few repetitions. Try to keep the reps between four and eight with as much weight as you can. Your legs will grow and you will not have to worry about excess strap anymore. :D

That's actually not far from the truth...i add squats to my routine because of loose leg straps..now it's not a problem.

Now the chicks love my toned legs and tight ass. B|

Well, that's sorta the problem. I've gained 20 pounds since buying the rig last Autumn and all of the sudden, leg straps flapping :-O

On the upside, wingloading got a tiny boost.

And PiLFly -- same problem can apply with leg straps constantly banging against my nuts at full speed!

Just ordered elastic keepers from Chuting Star.