fatso

talon rig pack volume - im confused

im a bit confused about pack size for talon. today i put a zpx 188 into a talon fs2 with no dramas. their website says that a fs2 should only take a zp pilot 132 and i suppose a zpx 150. well i dropped a zpx 188 in their easy. the website says the fs5 rig should only take a pilot 150 and i have zp 168 in their as my second rig.
my point is if talon say only a 132 for the fs2 and and a 150 for the fs5 - then why can i get a zp 168 in the fs5 and a zpx 188 in the fs2. i rang aerodyne to check the serial number of my 188 zpx to confirm it was a 188. with the zpx im getting it into a rig 2 sizes smaller than talon suggest. i asked the talon guy in my area today if the pd optimum would pack smaller and he said they dont. he said the optimum packs smaller than the normal pd reserve which actually packs big. so it cancels out. he didnt believe me when i mentioned the 188 fitting in the fs2. then he passes me a fs2 d bag and i put it in no probs.. does anyone know if a optimum 160 will fit in the fs2.

Based on the screenshot you attached, the fs2 holds a reserve with a 350 cubic in. pack volume and a main with a 350 cubic in. pack volume.

A PD Optimum 160 has an approximate pack volume of 330 cubic in.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts