Vance

Texas skydivers-help!

The Air Force has decided to send me to Abilene/Dyess AFB. I'll get there in about three weeks. From what I've seen on the web, it looks like the closest DZ's are in Dallas or Midland. Anybody have any recommendations on where to jump. Regardless, I plan on checking out all the DZ's that are within a days drive. Are there any skydivers in Abilene? Thanks for any input, see y'all at a Texas DZ soon!B|

Vance

There are several DZs in the Dallas area. I'd suggest SD Dallas or if you want a 182 DZ theres Eagle Flight. I did my first jump there and the DZO is pretty nice. Haven't heard much about the ones out in west TX though.I'm at Skydive Aggieland down in Bryan,but that'd be a long drive for you.I'm about the same distance away from Aggieland as from the Dallas DZs so its not too bad. I've been to Dyess AFB..its a nice place except its out in the middle of no where. Have fun!

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

sorry to hear that ya got sent there......it could be worse...they coulda sent ya to cannon...lol....i'd try skydive dallas if i was you...maybe skydive texas (near decatur(a little north of dallas)) i get to pcs soon....maybe the skydiving gods will look apon me with good will and send me to luke......

Geez, thanks for the support guys!;) I haven't heard too much bad about the place yet. The biggest thing I can see that it lacks is the ocean and a DZ. I've spent alot of time in San Antonio and could deal with being stationed there, we'll see how the Abilene thing turns out though (fingers crossed). Wingnut, good luck on getting Luke, that'd be a great assignment.

Vance

Dyess. Y-U-C-K!
good luck but like they said could be worse...could be Korea.:P
while you were in sheppard did you get a chance to go to Decatur? its the closest one to the base 75 miles south. I liked it there. cool jumps cool ppl and my FIRST grass runway!
My photos

My Videos

Korea...been there, done that:P Spent most of my time on various TDY's at Lackland. Been to Sheppard TDY for about 2 weeks, a long time ago and in the life before skydiving. Most of what I'm seeing on the web makes SD Dallas and SD Texas look the most appealing for this part of the state.

Vance

Hey, YOU gradiated thum.!!! You could have caught my mistakes months ago;)

I thought they did pretty well. Hell, after I open my eyes about 1/2 way into the jump, they look just fine.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!