SEREJumper

How to rig a PC in tow

Jumper rigged a Javelin with a PC in tow, cutaway main and pulled reserve. Jumper made a safe landing under reserve.

Sorry, should have been in gear and rigging, my bad!
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

if the closing loop had been the correct length, it might not have happened

More like if the container was the correct size. If the rig was tight enough to trap the bridle and and cause a PC in tow, I'm betting that the shortest closing loop they could fit and still get the rig shut.

Poor equipment selection, poor equipment set up, poor rigging/packing. The jumper got what they deserved with that chain of easily preventable mistakes.

Quagmirian

I suppose that's one reason to mate the velcro.

Not necessarily... Since jumper (I assume the jumper packed it) missed the fact that the bridle went under the flap, he might very well have matter the velcro and not noticed it (in fact, the velcro MAY have been matter prior to pulling)
Remster

It's not so much it went under the flap. He may have noticed that since he would have hid the bridle from view. The loop is so long, he pulled the loop over the top of the bridle with the bridle still in plain view.

I'm rather impressed at what I see in that photo :D

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

hookitt

I'm rather impressed at what I see in that photo :D

I am too. Just look at how secure that bridle is!

g2gjump

Poor equipment selection

elaborate please?

The selection of equipment is fine. It's misrigged and the closing loop is clearly too long. I doubt it's actually so tight of a fit it needs to be 3 extra inches long.

Poor equipment selection

elaborate please?

The container appears to be overstuffed. If the canopy was sized properly for the container, and the closing loop was that long, it wouldn't be tight enough to hold the pin or (most likely) trap the bridle.

As it sits, it appears to be tight and far longer than it should be, so my bet is that someone was looking for a smaller container, or got a 'good deal' on that rig, or whatever, but in any case the canopy/container appears to be a mis-match.

I think you're wrong about that and fail to see how it appears to be so over stuffed. The rig looks new. The loop is long by several inches. I doubt it's so stuffed that someone who knows how to close a rig properly couldn't close the flaps normally.

It's a Javelin. So often people don't mash the D-Bag under the closing loop prior to closing the bottom flap. (hard to explain and I don't have a javelin near me to show it)

I (and you I'm sure) see people struggle and struggle to close a rig yet you can do it with ease and shorten the loop by a couple inches. You must have noticed the bridle is under the loop? It certainly doesn't go there!

I would be curious what size rig and what size canopies are in it.

davelepka

Poor equipment selection

elaborate please?

The container appears to be overstuffed. If the canopy was sized properly for the container, and the closing loop was that long, it wouldn't be tight enough to hold the pin or (most likely) trap the bridle.

As it sits, it appears to be tight and far longer than it should be, so my bet is that someone was looking for a smaller container, or got a 'good deal' on that rig, or whatever, but in any case the canopy/container appears to be a mis-match.

Thank you dave. I thought you were "bashing" the container type. I didnt look at the "whole" picture: size,main etc.

degeneration

A gear check on the flight line would hopefully have spotted that packing error. I take it there wasn't one?

Exactly!
I'm amazed it took so long for somebody to catch that.

Poo on the jumper who did that for not asking for a gear check AND on everybody at the DZ for not taking better care of their youngsters.
>:(
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239