phatcat

Landing Out?

well, this isn't landing out but I sure got a kick out of it since I was being pumped with drugs at the time.
When I broke my leg at Perris and was laying on the grass with the paramedics and firefighters all around me, I looked up and obviously people were still jumping. I can hear the canopies opening and know exactly what is going on. Don't think the meds and firefighters knew though. Anyways, a load is coming down and I think just for the hell of it these guys want to mess with my "rescuers". They were coming in just like normal even though there is a firetruck and ambulance on the landing area. Skydivers landing right by us. The funny thing was watching the "rescuers" get the shit scared out of em because these guys are swooping in just above their heads. Watched this one firefighter that was working on me hear some noise and go "holy shit!" and start to duck for cover because someone swoooped right by him, was hilarious.
Blue Skies!
Sinister69

A-38927

Places I have landed in one windy day:

Jump 1
On a field several kilometers away that looked just like the landing area.

Jump 2
I was standing still about 50ft above a power line, hoping that the winds would be calmer lower down. I was happy when I saw that I was going to fly over the power line but at the same time I realised that there where no way in hell I could fly over the line of trees 5 meters in front of the power line. After I had landed in front of the trees with inches to spare, I decided to get rid of my extremely ground hungry Maverick.

Jump 3
When I hit some heavy turbulence at 30ft, my canopy collapsed and dove at high speed in between two big trees in a garden. Flaring didn't seem to reduce the impact speed but my canopy got caught in one of the trees, so I got a soft landing.

Of course I carry a cell phone when I am jumping.
---
PCSS #10

LOL....a few years ago, we were a couple miles from the dz, and I landed in someone's back yard. The homeowner turned out to be one of my best friends from high school, and I hadn't seen her in 15 years! She came outside and was givin' us a hard time. The she comes walking toward me real fast....."Lindsey?" I said "Pam?" What a reunion! I woulda loved to have stayed for a beer, but since she doesn't drink beer I caught a ride back to the dz.....

Peas!
Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

O.K, this was so not funny!!!!!

I kid you not. Here I am, reading the thread, reading, thinking, geez, wasn't this a thread I saw earlier today? man, Bill Von telling the same story again? What's this world coming to...shoulda known something was wrong when I saw my name on the thread...yakking away about an off landing on the AFB I'd heard about, and had no real recollection of posting that. But hey, it's Friday, it's been a long week...

Take a close look at the date the thread was started...

Aug 23, 2001, 7:30 PM

Post #1 of 53 (645 views)

Yeah, well, what's today's date?

Shit, thought we'd gone back a whole year, and was just starting to get happy about that - there are things which I wish hadn't happened this year - and then realized....

OLD THREAD!

and HUA syndrome.

Damn.

I think it's time for a drink....

Ciels and pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~